• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    That's less than a minute from my house. They have ice cream made from grass fed cows at webers that is awesome.

Which one did you have? They seem to have a semi-fit, and a match target. The odd thing is the price seems to be the same. How did it shoot?
    http://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=226&cco=66

Semi Fit
    It shot wonderful
    I no longer have the barrel I'm sorry to get your hopes up I remember selling it to help fund one of my uppers b/c I have one for my P229 which you are welcome try that but alas I sold the barrel for the 226 :sad20:

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    No worries, I'm going to freestate one night this week. I'm probably going to take both of my sigs. If you want to go I can pm you when I figure out which night. Hmmm, do you know if the barrel, and mags from my w. German 226 will work in this gun? I wonder if they machine the conversion barrels to different specifications.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    No worries, I'm going to freestate one night this week. I'm probably going to take both of my sigs. If you want to go I can pm you when I figure out which night. Hmmm, do you know if the barrel, and mags from my w. German 226 will work in this gun? I wonder if they machine the conversion barrels to different specifications.

AHHHH!!!!
    don't do that!!!
    a normal 9mm barrel will not function in a .40/357 slide
    the mags will fit though

Yes PM me I'll try to meet up with you
    I want to try my slide fire again

SVrider

Nov 22, 2008
    St.Louis
    Probably a dead thread, but thought it may be worth mentioning that Sig has apparently made an error and produced 9mm equinox slides for the 226 instead of .40s&w. There is supposedly a small run of Sig Sauer p226 9mm equinox (a non-catalogued gun) that came out a few months ago (september-ish).

Or hopefully the conversion barrel worked out for you. :thumbsup:

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Probably a dead thread, but thought it may be worth mentioning that Sig has apparently made an error and produced 9mm equinox slides for the 226 instead of .40s&w. There is supposedly a small run of Sig Sauer p226 9mm equinox (a non-catalogued gun) that came out a few months ago (september-ish).

You have a link for these? A 9mm Equinox is one of my grail guns.

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county

I ended up selling mine. Thanks for the heads up though, I didn't know they made them.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=316532317

SVrider

Nov 22, 2008
    St.Louis

Follow the link above. Last year, supposedly there was a small run of p229 equinox 9mm but I wasn't able to find any online. Both the 226 and 239 9mm equinox are not cataloged guns.

I ended up selling mine. Thanks for the heads up though, I didn't know they made them.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=316532317

^^ No problem, if indeed this small run of 226 equinox 9mm is all they make, could be a good purchase.

Last edited:

HiballHiside

Apr 10, 2013
    Where do you live?
    Do you want to try my 9mm bar sto conversion barrel?
    If you like it you'll be able to keep the gun and just buy a barrel

I just bought an New Sig 226. I am wondering where I can find information about the MD laws regarding interchangable barrels. Do you have a 226 with any alternate caliber kits?

Mowog

Dec 1, 2012
    Ellicott City, MD
    I just bought an New Sig 226. I am wondering where I can find information about the MD laws regarding interchangable barrels. Do you have a 226 with any alternate caliber kits?

I have the 22LR kit for my p226 MK25. I also bought a 9mm threaded barrel.
    I may add the 357sig kit.

barrels and conversion kits are not regulated and can be mailed right to your home/office. Sig makes a conversion (caliber exchange) kit for the p226 in 22LR,9mm, 40, and 357sig. The 22 is aluminum slide and needs 22 magazines. The 40 and 357 use same slide and magazines, just different barrels.

The 9mm barrel conversion is the same diameter as the 40/357 barrel, so can shoot 9mm in a 40/357 with a change of recoil spring and appropriate magazines. This is popular for guns like the p239 that don't have caliber exchange kits.

So a 40 caliber p226 can be converted to 357sig by just buying a 357 barrel. To convert to 9mm, buy a 9mm conversion barrel/recoil spring/magazine, or a caliber exchange kit that gives you a new slide and all the necessary parts. 22LR needs a exchange kit .

The last I looked barrels and exchange kits were in short supply (nonexistent).

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom