• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I think they're just counted as a P226. Years ago I bought a P6 from AIM, and it wasn't a roster, but it's also a P225 (stamped as such on the slide) so that's what the dealer put down. I got "NOT-DISAPPROVED" as always though...

The MSP doesn't split hairs over this stuff as far as I know. Some dealers are extra paranoid and will either refuse the transfer or advise you to submit it to the handgun roster... but really although they're SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT they're functionally the same damn thing.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Probably counted as a 226. They are nice guns I am tempted to buy one but I have other more immediate firearm needs.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Yea I picked up a P226 Extreme 9mm last month from Accurate Pawn in Jessup and I love the gun. Not specifically on the list but essentially all the 226's are the same just sights/grips/trigger/finish differences.

I just ordered the .22lr slide too, so I can get some more trigger time without spending a fortune.

Excuse the dirt on my gun, just ran 200 rounds through her today but figured I'd add some pictures.

Attachments

• DSC_0291.JPG
      DSC_0291.JPG
      55.1 KB · Views: 194
    • DSC_0292.JPG
      DSC_0292.JPG
      54.9 KB · Views: 242
    • DSC_0293.JPG
      DSC_0293.JPG
      60.9 KB · Views: 194

relco86

Aug 6, 2011
    Moco
    Yea I picked up a P226 Extreme 9mm last month from Accurate Pawn in Jessup and I love the gun. Not specifically on the list but essentially all the 226's are the same just sights/grips/trigger/finish differences.

I just ordered the .22lr slide too, so I can get some more trigger time without spending a fortune.

Excuse the dirt on my gun, just ran 200 rounds through her today but figured I'd add some pictures.

Looks sweet! Ive been dying to get my hands on one... cant decide between the 226 Elite or TacOps... Tho im not sure how my wife is going to react at me dropping the news to her... or should i say asking her lol.

Mind if I ask how much you paid for yours?

DocSavage

The Man of Bronze
    May 30, 2012
    Crofton
    relco86 said:
    ...can't decide between the 226 Elite or TacOps...

I looked long and hard at both, my large hands are perfect for the extended grip of the TacOps... I love this weapon, dead accurate outta the box, and yes I do mean cheap cardboard box...

The pistol coupled with the 4 magazines, Engage had me OTD for about $1100, plus some extras I wanted... Overall, a great experience!

Doc

relco86

Aug 6, 2011
    Moco
    I looked long and hard at both, my large hands are perfect for the extended grip of the TacOps... I love this weapon, dead accurate outta the box, and yes I do mean cheap cardboard box...

The pistol coupled with the 4 magazines, Engage had me OTD for about $1100, plus some extras I wanted... Overall, a great experience!

Doc

Yeah I have hands that are on the larger side as well but the 226 is great and I hant had the chance to actually put a tacops 226 in my grips before but I imagine its a little bigger then the standard 226?

BTW, thats not a bad price at all especially with the MSRP at 1300 +. You said Engage Armaments in Silver Spring? The only thing I would be curious about is how much it would be to do the ergo grips on it.

Ppat

Jun 2, 2012
    Im looking into a p220 carry elite dark and a 229 9mm enhanced elite. I have a tan hk45c on order that ill have in feb next year, and i consider myself a walther/hk guy... But after shooting a new 229 with the SRT trigger, im seriously considering getting into sigs... Excellent 226

DocSavage

The Man of Bronze
    May 30, 2012
    Crofton
    relco86 said:
    ... but I imagine its a little bigger then the standard 226?

I've held both, the grip length is the difference in size, with mag wells built in for ease of reloading in a hurry... The SRT (Short Reset Trigger) makes the usual Sig issues of long trigger travel old news. The first round in DA I think pulls around 10#s? The SA trigger pulls MUCH less, crisp and short travel too... The fiber optic front sight/rear tritiums are really bright even during the day, another thing I love...

relco86 said:
    ... You said Engage Armaments in Silver Spring? The only thing I would be curious about is how much it would be to do the ergo grips on it.

Yeah, Engage Armaments in Kensington, AJ is my guy...top notch human, supposed to be a kick butt instructor too. I'm hoping to take a class from him. Everyone there will treat you right, I will only buy from them. I may look around and try stuff before I buy, but my money goes to Engage.

I know AJ does custom stippling, is that what you're looking for?

Cheers,

Doc

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Looks sweet! Ive been dying to get my hands on one... cant decide between the 226 Elite or TacOps... Tho im not sure how my wife is going to react at me dropping the news to her... or should i say asking her lol.

Just over $1000, was 950 plus tax, msp and omega lock. Guess that depends on if you want that extended magazine well. I loved the grips on the 226 Extreme and figured I can always order the stock plastic ones for Less than $20.

relco86

Aug 6, 2011
    Moco
    Just picked up a new P226 Enhanced Elite which im super excited to get. Paid about $900 for it with all the transfer fees and such so I got a pretty good deal. Now just have to wait the shipping time and then the transfer wait. But im willing to wait :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom