• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I think we are seeing signs of things letting up where the panic buying is somewhat starting to slow down. Things are not staying in stock long, but it seems less time is going by before items are back in stock.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    I think we are seeing signs of things letting up where the panic buying is somewhat starting to slow down. Things are not staying in stock long, but it seems less time is going by before items are back in stock.

People have to run out of money eventually. Especially those paying $1/round for .223

I would love to see how much money the firearms community had pumped into the economy in recent months.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    People have to run out of money eventually. Especially those paying $1/round for .223

I would love to see how much money the firearms community had pumped into the economy in recent months.

I can understand concerns about not being able to buy AR's one day. But the ammo is not going anywhere. Why on eirth is everyone buying ammo like they are going to stop making it soon? Many rifles that are not AR's shoot 223.

And what about 22LR? I'm mean, what the hell? 22LR will be the last thing you will not be able to buy. If we gave all of the antis their way, 22LR would be the only ammo they would let us have. But people are buying 22LR as if it is in the sights of the anti's and will soon be a thing of the past.

I can only assume that when people go the store to buy 223 and it is not on the shelf, they feel the need to buy something/anything just for the sake of buying something. So when the 223 is not there, they jump on the 9mm, 45, 38, or whatever other "round of choice" that feeds their guns at home. And it works it's way down to 22LR. Because I think that may be more 22LR guns out their then any other caliber.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Wow 33 bux for a sig mag...i get some extra cash i want a couple.

Is there something i can get to fill the gap when using these with a 229?

cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    I can understand concerns about not being able to buy AR's one day. But the ammo is not going anywhere. Why on eirth is everyone buying ammo like they are going to stop making it soon? Many rifles that are not AR's shoot 223.
    I don't know why .22LR, but there has been talk in the past year with all the mass shootings of limiting the amount of ammunition people can buy. I don't know how they'd do that. It would be pretty tough to enforce.

A lady at work tells me that she agrees with mass shootings, just as long as the shooter starts with himself. That would solve a lot of these problems.

Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    I don't think i have any mecgar mags are they pretty decent?

They are great! These were sig OEM mags before they went with the checkmate mags. (google reviews on both. Mec-Gar all the way) I don't know why Sig changed to checkmate but I suspect price had alot to do with it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom