• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wombat Rancher

Aug 21, 2013
    Anyone have any issues with FTE with the Mosquito. Mine worked properly only 50% to 75% of the time today :sad20:. First day shooting it, like the gun, hate the FTE. Other than a really good cleaning and oiling, anything else I can look at..

mds5569

Jan 13, 2010
    Hagerstown
    I have one, and it likes to be ran WET (lubricated). Sig recommends using CCI mini mags. Check the recoil spring, and make sure the proper one is installed. There are 2 included with the gun, check the manual for more info.
    Mine was finicky for the first few hundred rounds rounds of mini mags, but now it will run on Federal bulk just fine.

Hope this helps.

Wombat Rancher

Aug 21, 2013
    Thanks, I did swap the springs part thru our shooting, second spring wouldn't work at all. I have heard that the CCI mini mags are the way to go to break it in, but of course I didn't have any :sad20:.

mds5569

Jan 13, 2010
    Hagerstown
    The mosquito doesn't have a stellar reputation on the gun forums. You'll hear good reviews and bad reviews. But, after a brief break in period, mine has been almost perfect.
    So, don't give up on the mosquito just yet. Keep it wet, and get a few hundred rounds downrange and see what happens. If all else fails there is always the warranty to fall back on.

scottymd

Mar 2, 2013
    MoCo Ag zone
    I will not shoot any all lead bullets through any of my 22s. They are just too dirty. I have used several different brands that have some sort of coating/jacketing and never had any issues!

mds5569

Jan 13, 2010
    Hagerstown
    Mine will only cci mini mags reliably suppressed or unsuppressed. Pretty big hunk of junk IMO not real accurate either

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, while mine runs ok, it is not very accurate. Maybe it is the bulk pack ammo, or the gun. Either way, accuracy could be better.

cryptoman

Dec 27, 2011
    If you use CCI Mini Mags the Sig Mosquito is a nice pistol. I believe that this is what Sig recommends.

Naptown34

Super Genius !!
    MDS Supporter
    May 4, 2008
    Mine is best utilized as a paper weight. Jam-O-Matic all the time.
    Too crappy to even try to sell via the classifieds here on the forum.

JessyPR

Υ Σ Μ Χ
    Feb 26, 2013
    AA County
    I like the size and feel of the mosquito but they are picky when it comes to ammo. I normally/mostly use CCI. However, I've also used Federal bulk but do get FTEs (about 1 per magazine). Also, tried RWS Rifle Match ammo today without problems.

Wombat Rancher

Aug 21, 2013
    Thanks for all the replies, pretty much as expected, either love them or hate them. Jury is still out for me but I will do a better cleaning/oiling job and try the mini's. :rolleyes:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I had one , definately very perticular on the ammo it liked.
    Needless to say I'm not much on a picky gun so it isn't in my safe anymore.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Tried one, ammo sensitive, not very reliable when dirty. Passed.

Cousin in Ohio got rid of his after about 3 months.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Got one for Biggfootette because of the color. Figured I cold use it occasionally as a Sig understudy also.

Saw about the ammo issue going in , and started with CCI Mini-Mags . Later on have also used Win Super X and 555, also with good results. Always well lubes , so far been reliable.

That said , there are consistant enough reliability reports , it would be hard to recomend as a freestanding .22lr pistol. If you were looking for a Sig understudy pistol on purpose , I'd give a conditional go ahead.

Sheepdog6

Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    Bought one for my wife. She loves it. I'm on the fence. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find CCI Minimag, though I am told that is the ammo of choice for these guns. Everywhere I go to look, I ask and they usually laugh in my face. I've even started prefacing my question with, "look, I know it's a long shot and the answer is probably no, but..."

I have found that running the gun extremely wet tends to help, though.

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    I have an M&P22 and a friend has the Mosquito. We have had the same experiences with the same brands of ammo. CCI is the best. Also, we have very good luck with Remington, particularly Thunderbolt. Federal has problems and WIN is crap. FTE is the problem. Try some Thunderbolts if you can find them.

Ferg

Aug 1, 2011
    Southern Dorchester County
    I have one. First 500-600 rounds were painstaking. Always failed on the first round. But now it runs pretty much flawlessly, using at least standard velocity ammo. For some strange reason it really likes those Remington golden. (probably cause it knows I can't find anything else...)

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    My wife has never had a problem with hers. She shoots any ammo as long as it is a high velocity round. The dealer told us about too low of pressure in some rounds won't allow it to cycle correctly. Any ammo over 1000 fps works fine for us

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom