• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    I got a new Sig 1911 Tacops and took it apart to clean and lube before shooting. Came apart ok but when Iw net to put it back together, it would catch on the slide. Looking i saw that it was catching on the Trigger bar lever or the plunger lever. I thought I was going to have to send it back to Sig. After reading, this seems to be a common problem with a Sig 1911. After playing with it for an hour, I finally got it to the outside and down enough to get the slide back on. Seems that the part is just a bit too tall. I will call Sig and see what they have to say.

Now to go shoot it.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I haven't nearly stripped mine as much as I should have by now. It's still a pain in the ass until it should get easier. My Sig will always be a keeper though.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Just won a Gun Broker auction for a Sig 1911 stainless steel. I have found reviewing one or two YouTube videos before attempting to strip/assemble any new pistol is helpful. Frequently the owners manual instructions are not very clear, or sometimes they only create confusion. The Sig 1911 looks pretty straight forward. Any "gotchas" the OP encountered would be appreciated though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom