• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silence&Rage

Feb 20, 2013
    MoCo
    Hi all,

Shooting my Sig 1911 today and had multiple FTFs on the last round in 8 round CMC Power Mags. No issues with the Sig OEM (check mate) mags. My question for anyone else with a Sig 1911 is what mags have you found work well with the Sig? I saw an earlier post recommending Tripps or Mec Gars. Any input?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    How close out of battery was the feed? Like a lot or just almost there but not quite? May not be the mags. I had a few of " barely" out of battery mis feeds that have been virtually eliminated by a little smithing by Clandestine. 500 rounds or so after, not a hiccup with sig mags or the couple power mags I have.

Meanwhile, don't let these situations go to waste. Treat it like life or death and fight through the malfunction drill. Usually just a simple tap forward on the slide to get back into battery and fire that round. These already the times when most people get any malfunction drill time in. :)

Silence&Rage

Feb 20, 2013
    MoCo
    Good advise on treating it as a malfunction drill - thanks. The issue was that the slide locked back on the last round - leaving the last round in the mag. Slingshot back into battery and the round fired. Only happened with the power mags

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom