• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I picked up a couple full tang Damascus blades from Gunrunners last night when doing a 77R. They were so hefty and well balanced that it was hard to resist. Crappy cell phone pics below (they don't do justice to the second knife, which is gorgeous).

Took some new pics on Sunday with better lighting. My favorite is the one on top and in the last pic. They are made by students from a West Virginia knife school who may still be working on perfecting all the elements of knife design, but the blades are awesome - very sharp, thick, and heavy with beautiful acid etched Damascus patterns. The prices weren't bad either given that they were student made knives ...

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
      DSC_0002.jpg
      76.5 KB · Views: 746
    • DSC_0003.jpg
      DSC_0003.jpg
      69.7 KB · Views: 688
    • DSC_0008.jpg
      DSC_0008.jpg
      93.1 KB · Views: 661
    • DSC_0010.jpg
      DSC_0010.jpg
      70.5 KB · Views: 656
    • DSC_0011.jpg
      DSC_0011.jpg
      74 KB · Views: 666
    • DSC_0012.jpg
      DSC_0012.jpg
      86.7 KB · Views: 665
    • DSC_0021.jpg
      DSC_0021.jpg
      57.5 KB · Views: 678

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    A knife that I posted cell phone pics of before, the Ontario XM-2, with a 3.4-inch N690Co blade. Although the surface might feel a little slick to the touch, this knife handles very well, is sturdily constructed, and has this incredibly tough pommel/hammering end.

I love the nod to Chaz Ochs vis-a-vis the handle.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Took some new pics on Sunday with better lighting. My favorite is the one on top and in the last pic. They are made by students from a West Virginia knife school who may still be working on perfecting all the elements of knife design, but the blades are awesome - very sharp, thick, and heavy with beautiful acid etched Damascus patterns. The prices weren't bad either given that they were student made knives ...
    I'm not much of a fixed blade type guy, but, these two knives are a work of art!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Gratzi. I should have waited for the sun to sink in the horizon more. When reflecting the early morning or late evening light, the Damascus blades look magical, especially when part of a more primitive knife design.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    New maker I found that I like. He has some learning left to do, but for a knife made from an old file I don't have many complaints.
    20150604_123514_zpsqrzizdmp.jpg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD

Really like the ones with the notches on the spine (sorry for likely butchering knife anatomy).

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I agree and can't help with more appropriate terminology. I want another with this feature, esp as I plan to expand my portfolio of fixed blade knives and horizontal belt carriers.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    finally got another one on the way. Haven't trusted myself since I lost the kershaw I bought last year within 2 weeks of buying it. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom