• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Just wondering... If you secured a sighted pistol into a rig like this and shot it from a table, might that affect its classification?

Attachments

• pistol stand.jpg
      pistol stand.jpg
      23.2 KB · Views: 361

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    cleanup on aisle one completed.

Carry on.

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    Non of these regulations should applies and applied in the first place. Little by little theyre putting bans, laws, and regulations destroying the 2nd Amendment...:sad20::sad20::sad20:

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    So in other words, let's prosecute someone for something he hasn't done yet.:rolleyes:

If you mean Nicks examples the fictional person made the pistol, made a video bragging about getting around nfa paperwork then shoulder fired it, what did they not do yet?

If that's not what you mean then sorry, I haven't had coffee yet and can you clarify please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2013
    If you mean Nicks examples the fictional person made the pistol, made a video bragging about getting around nfa paperwork then shoulder fired it, what did they not do yet?

If that's not what you mean then sorry, I haven't had coffee yet and can you clarify please.

I missed the part where he fired it.

Even still, I don't see where that should even matter. The whole thing is a crock. The braces aren't manufactured and marketed to be used as stocks any more than dinner forks are manufactured and marketed for scratching my balls with. Ordinary buffer tubes aren't designed to be used as stocks either, but I'm sure people do it.

I'm not liking the slippery slope this may lead to, all because of the "constructive intent" precedent that was set. That little gem can stretched all sorts of different ways.

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    This....

Because some people bragged about it, that they have done something that they got around with ... A lot of example, if you watch youtube regarding the brace. As for my understanding, if ever you have one or planning to build a pistol with it. Use it as for your own purpose... Dont Fu€king mention any agency that you get around with them... just like the saying goes, " Thou shalt not take the name of the AT eF's name in vain... It's written in their 5,603rd commandments...:D:D:D

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I missed the part where he fired it.

Even still, I don't see where that should even matter. The whole thing is a crock. The braces aren't manufactured and marketed to be used as stocks any more than dinner forks are manufactured and marketed for scratching my balls with. Ordinary buffer tubes aren't designed to be used as stocks either, but I'm sure people do it.

I'm not liking the slippery slope this may lead to, all because of the "constructive intent" precedent that was set. That little gem can stretched all sorts of different ways.

The nfa thing is a crock overall but as long as we have the Nfa it does matter. The design intent isn't referring to the part, it is referring to the weapon. Whatever model sig makes that comes with the brace is designed as a pistol and it doesn't matter how the buyer uses it, is doesn't change the intent of the design. If I build a "pistol" , I am now the manufacture. If make known the fact that I am building it to use as a rifle then it is not designed or intended to be used as a pistol, which makes it an illegal NFa item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom