Should have bought a better suppressor....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nosbocaj

Oct 11, 2021
    I can't speak for the Omega 46M, but I love my 36M. I use it with my 5.56 rifles and 9mm PCC's. I'm guessing the 46M is a great buy as well. I've always been very happy with my SilencerCo products.

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I really appreciate all the knowledge and info in your responses!

I have a 450 Bushmaster and Sub2k in .40 that would be nice to put a can on, hence the 46m.

I am very intrigued by the 36m performance. Will definitely give them a closer look.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    the one thing that keeps me using supressors in larger caliber rifles is the perceived reduction in recoil and the much lower muzzle blast. If I put the a can on my 308 or 4570, I can shoot them longer more comfortably. I still do wear ear pro.
    I gave up on suppressing ars. Didn’t feel like changing this tuning that.
    By far, my fav is shooting 22 suppressed. My bolts are stupid quiet. My takedown with the mist is not far behind it.
    22 pistols are a hoot too.

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Resonator R2 is a good one. I have a Resonator K on a 300BLK SBR and it is quite nice with supers.
    I'm going to take it to the range today with the 300blk.

Would be so nice if there was a way to "try before you buy" with suppressors. I guess thats what the Silencer Shop Satisfaction guarantee is about. Aside from their excellent customer service, that reassurance is good to have.

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    Man goes to auto parts store. "I'd like to order a fuel filter tuned for a .223 inch slug of high octane fuel weighing 62 grams, with an average velocity of 2600 fps. Maybe with swirly stuff inside. Do you have something in FDE?"

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Man goes to auto parts store. "I'd like to order a fuel filter tuned for a .223 inch slug of high octane fuel weighing 62 grams, with an average velocity of 2600 fps. Maybe with swirly stuff inside. Do you have something in FDE?"
    That would only tell you how efficient the fuel filter is.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    For the size of a YHM turbo I’m very happy with its efficiency. Mine is on a 11.5 5.56 shooting supers with no complaints. I’d definitely hold on to that can for another use. I know many people that are very satisfied with YHM. Yes they are inexpensive but definitely not cheap.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    For the size of a YHM turbo I’m very happy with its efficiency. Mine is on a 11.5 5.56 shooting supers with no complaints. I’d definitely hold on to that can for another use. I know many people that are very satisfied with YHM. Yes they are inexpensive but definitely not cheap.
    I've been happy with my yhm stuff. Holds up to full auto 308.

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I'm going to take it to the range today with the 300blk.

Would be so nice if there was a way to "try before you buy" with suppressors. I guess thats what the Silencer Shop Satisfaction guarantee is about. Aside from their excellent customer service, that reassurance is good to have.
    Looks like I have my answer. Spoke with silencer shop today. Customer service rep said silencer shop has nothing to do with it and its between the selling dealer and me.

Atlantic Guns has treated me well and I am not going to push them into something they aren't comfortable with. Lesson learnt.

Word to the wise, do your research BEFORE buying a suppressor, not during or after, like I did!

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I took the Resonator K to the range yesterday. Brought 3 ARs. 7.5" 300 blk, 7.5" 5.56 and 18" .22.

Shot both the 300 and the .22 with and without the suppressor. Really tones down the bark and the fireball of the 300 nicely. Ran very well with 22lr. Made the range experience more pleasant for me and my neighbors.

I then broke out the 5.56 and went thru a magazine. That is one loud and flashy B! Going to swap the adapter from the 22 to the 7.5 5.56. It needs a bit of taming.

Thanks again for all the knowledge and input. My expectations have shifted.

Last edited:

rein217

MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2024
    Just purchased my Sparrow at Top Guns in Fallston. They have them in stock as well as numerous other cans. Great shop to deal with. They have the Silencer Shop kiosk also.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    Looks like I have my answer. Spoke with silencer shop today. Customer service rep said silencer shop has nothing to do with it and its between the selling dealer and me.

Atlantic Guns has treated me well and I am not going to push them into something they aren't comfortable with. Lesson learnt.

Word to the wise, do your research BEFORE buying a suppressor, not during or after, like I did!

You (and your entire thread) make a good argument for some ranges to have some "house cans" on hand for rental (with hosts and specified ammo) to specifically to show people what can be done with certain suppressors and to help with expectations.

Option B is get more friends that have more toys and ask them to try them out.

Option 69 is to ask the local yahoos here on the forums for the same kind of experience. I'm sure most of us would be glad to let you shoot a couple of rounds through our toys.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I took the Resonator K to the range yesterday. Brought 3 ARs. 7.5" 300 blk, 7.5" 5.56 and 18" .22.

Shot both the 300 and the .22 with and without the suppressor. Really tones down the bark and the fireball of the 300 nicely. Ran very well with 22lr. Made the range experience more pleasant for me and my neighbors.

I then broke out the 5.56 and went thru a magazine. That is one loud and flashy B! Going to swap the adapter from the 22 to the 7.5 5.56. It needs a bit of taming.

Thanks again for all the knowledge and input. My expectations have shifted.
    If you'd like to try a sparrow on a 22LR or an Osprey on a 45, LMK.

I also have a YHM Resonator R2, should you wish to try that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom