• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    Ok all you Reloaders out there, please give me some assistance. I'm trying to do shotgun shells. I have a Lee Precision EZ Loader and a Old School MEC 128JR I think. I'm using the Lee Precision because the chargebar for the MEC is old and I have to figure out the charge on it. I go to Hodgsons Website, I get the reloading data chart and their bushing chart for the EZ Loader.

12 G. 2 3/4" CCI 209 Primer Titewad Powder Remington Gun Club Shell. 1oz Load

I think its 19 grains of powder so it works out to be a 0.148 Bushing.

I deprime, reprime, Drop in Powder, Put in Wadding, Put in shot, I start the crimp, then I crimp it. I keep on getting a hole in the center large enough for a 8.5 shot to go through and If I crimp more the hole gets larger. I believe I have everything else worked out except crimping please help what have you guys learned to be the key in the perfect crimp.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    It's been some time since I have reloaded shotgun shells. I do remember some
    shells don't close the whole way when crimping. My solution is use some soft candle
    wax or beeswax to plug the whole. doesn't hurt a thing.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    You may be using to much crimp, and you can try and use a overshot card to give a better crimp

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    overshot card will work but on the mec, you can adjust the crimp start lower and correct that. most likely you will have to do that for each load change to take up of give up some interior hull space. on a mec, it usually only takes 1/8 to 1/4 turn lowering the start to correct. they have a downloadable manual for most modern loaders they still make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom