• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    good on you , i don't consider it " enjoyable " , just a necessary thing sometimes . used to be about half price to reload , those days are long gone .

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    maybe, reloading is a cool hobby to share with kids, wife, but I’m also incredibly lazy and have gotten to the point I’m not interested in standing by myself especially when there ain’t much cost savings. I have Reloading ADHD or something.

My shtick the past few years is a Shyda’s trip, load up on the cheapest 1 ounce stuff. Top off ammo when needed

You've apparently wondered into the wrong forum.. :lol2:

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    You've apparently wondered into the wrong forum.. :lol2:

lol Just keeping it real. The convenience of buying ammo is just easier than buying components and then still have to load them.

Truthfully tho all I’m missing is some powder and I’d make some time to load on a rainy weekend but right now the press just collects dust

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    lol Just keeping it real. The convenience of buying ammo is just easier than buying components and then still have to load them.
    I find the opposite to be true. Components run out less seldom than my ammo does, and I tend to keep a decent stock of components. That way I'm not beholden to what's available at any particular point. If ammo gets scarce or the prices are driven up, but I've still got components, it really doesn't affect me because I paid up front.

I have a progressive reloader, so once the press is set, I can crank a lot of ammo out in a short amount of time. On my Dillon 550 I'm running 100 rounds every 12-13 minutes, and I find the MEC 9000 to be pretty much that fast. The biggest difference is that I can only really load about 50-100 rounds of shotgun before I have to stop and box what I've got because it takes up that much more space. Also, I don't box my metalic ammo - I dump it in ammo cans.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I shoot 200 targets a month at most, two sporting clay outings. Usually spring/summer I’m into doing much clay shooting

My poor ponsness warren is begging for work but the operator has been laid off for a long time lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom