• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    We should approach our Legislators with this proposal!
    Allow Montgomery, Prince George, Howard Counties & Baltimore City to Secede & join with D.C. to become the 51st. State!!!! I seriously believe they & the remaining Counties would agree to this. It's a win win for all!!!!!!:)

"Birds of a feather flock together"

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    All potential wet-dream scenarios aside, (DC with MoFo MoCo, PG and Balmer becoming Caylypso Louie's much sought after new homeland and seceding from the US) it ain't gonna happen folks, for one reason. These people are in politics for one thing, power over you and me, and they aren't going to give that up without a fight unless there's something in it for them. So if you can get each of your neighbors to give ten dollars to the "I'm gonna bribe Senator looks-like-a-guy fund" then you may have a prayer, otherwise you might as well just join me in my dreams of dating lingerie models.

deerslayer79

Jan 27, 2007
    Delmar Md
    Everyone on this forum grab your families and relatives you like,move to the eastern shore,helps us locals clear out the trash,and then we'll blow the Bay bridge to hell so the only way on the penninsula is by ferry or the northern or southern routes.Then everything will be somewhat normal.

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    Technically Delmarva an island as no entry nor exit to the peninsula can be made without crossing a body of water.:party29:
    I tell people I live on an island.

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    This is nothing new. Former State senator Walter Baker used to introduce legislation almost every session to allow the eastern shore to secede from the state of Maryland. I remember a newspaper article once that he stated that the eastern shore was going to take the name of the State of Maryland with it and that the rest of the state could call itself what ever the hell it wanted. I'm all for it.

Mike128

Feb 28, 2007
    I say secede to VA. They need help to counter the growth of Fairfax. VA tends to be conservative and already owns a portion of the Eastern Shore.

The only real reason the Eastern Shore is not allowed to secede is because of OC. To much tax money coming from that place. And Kent Island and St Michael are already being overrun. Best bet is to set up an electoral college type system. But I don't see that happening either.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I say secede to VA. They need help to counter the growth of Fairfax. VA tends to be conservative and already owns a portion of the Eastern Shore.

The only real reason the Eastern Shore is not allowed to secede is because of OC. To much tax money coming from that place. And Kent Island and St Michael are already being overrun. Best bet is to set up an electoral college type system. But I don't see that happening either.

Apparently way back when, MD used to have a Senate system similar to the National level where each county got the same number of Senators regardless of the population. It was struck down as unconstitutional at some point. If that system were in place today it would completely alter MD politics. The House would be solidly Democratic and the Senate would be solidly Republican since probably 18-20 of the 25 counties (Balt City counts as a county) would elect Republicans most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom