• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    I know I've seen this answered somewhere before, but damned if I can find it ...

Ammo is tough to find, so I've been scouting the online sights to see if I could order some bulk 9mm. Heck, even they are sold out most of the time. But does it matter? I've heard a rumor that it is illegal to ship ammo to Baltimore City (where I, unfortunately, find myself currently living). I can't find any official law to that regard, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. And I know it is legal to ship to the majority of Maryland.

So, is this another reason to regret moving here?

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I have never heard, read, or seen anything about not being able to have ammo shipped to the city of Baltimore. I will bet you money that not one online retailer will refuse to ship to Baltimore.

.....order away.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Thanks. I'm not sure where I heard that. Maybe I imagined it. If it isn't common knowledge then it probably isn't a real restriction.

Thanks again.

jiggy

Feb 13, 2009
    I have an order being shipped today from Natchez to a B-more city address. Good to go.

froi

May 4, 2008
    I live in an apartment building and had some concerns about theft, but I've ordered online several times and UPS just leaves it right outside my door. Depending on where I lived, I might leave instructions for the carrier to put it more out of sight.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Actually, ammo sellers can ship to 100% of Maryland.

There is NO jurisdiction in Maryland where ammo may not be shipped; even though anti's in Annapolis and Montgomery County got these jurisdictions to pass laws that state otherwise, these laws directly contravene the state of Maryland's pre-emption of gun laws (Maryland law explicitly prohibits local authorities from making up their own gun laws.)

rondon600

Mar 16, 2009
    half-cocked: damn if i didnt just print out MD code just last night and was questioning Annapolis and the pre emption thing. I saw on a couple sights no shipping to annapolis and thought it was weird. what a joke... our elected officials and law makers passing illegal laws!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom