• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JasonMD85

Aug 16, 2006
    I have to send a rifle to NY for some warranty work. The rifle is a cash and carry .22LR lever. How do I legally send it? Do I need to send it from an FFL, or can I use USPS since its 'unregulated?' Do I have to remave the magazine tube or anything(I think the company wants it whole). Should I use a plastic rifle case, or put it in a cardboard rifle box and add some bubble wrap? Not really sure how to go about this, but it is getting a new barrel so it is worth the hassel. Thanks

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    The manufacturer (Henry?) should have told you which carrier to use, and how to go about packing it. If not, call them back and make sure you've got that info plus their current address for repairs (Henry moved their manufacturing facilities to New Jersey a couple of years back, I'm not sure if that affects repairs though.)

I seen to remember that Henry recommended you do not put anything on the outside of the box that indicates there's a gun inside (for obvious reasons).

Oh and yes, they probably want the complete gun tube magazine and all.

K Train

PARATROOPER
    Jul 25, 2008
    FREEEEEE AT LAST!!!
    check the local laws on shipping. normally a rifle can go ground and does not have to go next day air.

i sent my stuff to Sig in warranty and they emailed me a UPS label

JasonMD85

Aug 16, 2006
    Yes, it is going to Henry in NJ, sorry. I will post a little about their great customer service when I get home, I am on a PDA for the time being.

All their customer service told me a minute ago was to ship UPS in a box (not a plastic case) wrapped in bubble wrap and they will pay shipping back to me. I guess I can use my Saiga box, the rest say 'Winchester, Henry' etc. Wonder if I can go to a UPS store local or if I need to take a day off and schedule a delivery to the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom