• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Will someone please bring up the remaining list of stringent requirements (training, background check, fingerprinting, etc.) even if self defense is the reason for applying to counter the mayor of baltimore's statement opposing the SB100.

She obviously has no clue what the rest of the process is and thinks guns will just "fall into the wrong hands" if it passes.

I did it in my written submission SNI. There is a paragraph in my submission posted above if anyone wants to read it during their live testimony feel free to use it.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I did it in my written submission SNI. There is a paragraph in my submission posted above if anyone wants to read it during their live testimony feel free to use it.

Good! That oughtta make her statement null. The Wild West thing has to go too.

Jacqueline - I'm counting on you to have that CC map ;)

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    Good! That oughtta make her statement null. The Wild West thing has to go too.

Jacqueline - I'm counting on you to have that CC map ;)

You'll be happy to know that the map was a big hit and actually got passed around by a couple people. Senator Muse had a staff member actually bring it to him so he could see it up close.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    You'll be happy to know that the map was a big hit and actually got passed around by a couple people. Senator Muse had a staff member actually bring it to him so he could see it up close.

Awesome. I sent the link to Jacqueline after showing it on Tuesday at the HJC on a 8.5x11 - didn't get out to make a poster. She said she'd make it large! Good job
    Hope that yellow on MD stands out for those senators.

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    By the way: Maryland really needs the millions in revenue from carry permits (http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-revenue-estimates-20150311-story.html). Once Maryland is forced to issue permits- by the courts or Congress- we lose control of the process. It may end up costing money doing it someone else's way.

Unless SCOTUS says carrying is a core right and can only be infringed in extreme cases (prohibited persons). At which point, the whole permit process goes away, they can burn the old paperwork, reassign the officers, and shutter the licensing division.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Unless SCOTUS says carrying is a core right and can only be infringed in extreme cases (prohibited persons). At which point, the whole permit process goes away, they can burn the old paperwork, reassign the officers, and shutter the licensing division.
    Lots of other licensing goes on there. The division won't be shutting down no matter what happens with handgun permits.

PI's, SPO's, and Alarm system businesses & techs are all licensed through MSP.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    My Thank You letter to the SJC

Dear Senators

I wanted to thank you again for your attention to SB100 . I ask if you missed any of the testimony please read them . Driving home last night I thought of this . If there was a law that required 16 hours of Civics (only available in Garret County), then a test (you can only get to the next part if you past the test) then a arbitrary state agency would decide if you get to vote . Judges wouldn't allow the ink to dry before suspending it . That is what the current situation is in Maryland in regards to a Conceal Carry Permit . Currently there are no ranges in Baltimore City so even to get your HQL you must travel which shouldn't be. In all the oral testimony not one was against it. Moms Demand Action were there but didn't speak out against it , The MSP while not there for SB100 stated they had no opinion on it but we're not opposed to it. Distinguished Law Enforcement personnel stated that this is a good bill. These actions and inactions should speak volumes .

Moms Demand Action spoke only on SB530 . The spirit of the law is good but needs work. I have ideas but they too come with pitfalls . A time frame isn't good as stated if it happens on a Friday the prohibited person might run out of time. A solution I thought of is the newly prohibited person would stay incarcerated till the firearms are no longer available to them , that could be transfer to a non prohibited person or turned in to the Local Law Enforcement Agency. The bill should also include if the victim requests a Conceal Carry Permit that he or she would get an expedited one. I am sure there are many CCW Trainers would be willing to donate their time to train these victims. I know of domestic abuse thru the news as I can not fathom every assaulting someone I love. I am the opposite I would do anything to include give up my life for my loved ones

I ask you to work on SB530 as these victims demand , rightfully so , to be and feel safe.
    On SB100 I ask you to use the U.S and Maryland Constitution as your guide

Thank You

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    By the way: Maryland really needs the millions in revenue from carry permits (http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-revenue-estimates-20150311-story.html). Once Maryland is forced to issue permits- by the courts or Congress- we lose control of the process. It may end up costing money doing it someone else's way.
    Revenue is a good point to make. Based on the prior administration's tax and fee history, they seem to always be looking to find ways to increase the revenue stream

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Revenue is a good point to make. Based on the prior administration's tax and fee history, they seem to always be looking to find ways to increase the revenue stream

The revenue was brought up before and they never gave a good f*ck about it. Now, maybe that Hogan has placed importance on fiscal responsibility, it may make a difference.

To be honest, I would be surprised to see it pass. I don't think the house bill removing G&S has a shot.

The only thing I can see happening now, which would still be progress, would be to have some sort of parameters set to issuing permits. If they can't come to an agreement, the screwing of the law abiding will continue. Raskin did appear to listen and process most of what was said, but we will have to see. There were no senators who took a skeptical a stance as some of the representatives in the house committee.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    The revenue was brought up before and they never gave a good f*ck about it. Now, maybe that Hogan has placed importance on fiscal responsibility, it may make a difference.

To be honest, I would be surprised to see it pass. I don't think the house bill removing G&S has a shot.

The only thing I can see happening now, which would still be progress, would be to have some sort of parameters set to issuing permits. If they can't come to an agreement, the screwing of the law abiding will continue. Raskin did appear to listen and process most of what was said, but we will have to see. There were no senators who took a skeptical a stance as some of the representatives in the house committee.

Yep, we shall see. Good to see that the Senate side is looking up. Bills do need both them and the House, so it does seem that this will still be an uphill battle.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    "crossover day" for bills is Monday. They need to be out of committee and pass a floor vote by then, correct? If so, we are about out of time...

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    "crossover day" for bills is Monday. They need to be out of committee and pass a floor vote by then, correct? If so, we are about out of time...

From what I am hearing, there is still possibilities past crossover day and that Sine Die is the ultimate day.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The rules can be bent for any reason. I don't think they'd bend them for gun bills, but who knows?

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    The rules can be bent for any reason. I don't think they'd bend them for gun bills, but who knows?

The bent, pretzeled, ripped, shredded, folded, spindled, and mutilated rules in every possible way to pass the Firearms Suppression Act of 2013. But I agree with what you meant, probably not for anything favorable to the Constitution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom