• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    No. Not iirc. 2-3/4”

Modifications to allow the use of 3-inch shells in a Remington 1100 are available, but they must be performed by a qualified gunsmith.”

(Trust me, you do NOT want to go down ^that^ rabbit hole …!)

Remingtons own website doesn’t even call out chamber lengths:

Ammo can be impossible to find at times (other than large pellet stuff) $1 / shell … but hey, at least it’s available (for now): https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/shotgun-ammo-sale/410-gauge-ammo

Last edited:

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Have an older 1100 in 12 gauge - a goose gun my father used in the late 70’s and thru the 80’s that was 3” mag. 30” (or 32” iirc) barrel in full choke.

Not a .410 gauge, just responding to the “no 1100’s in 3-inch comment”.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

BAW

Mar 7, 2024
    Sykesville
    What's the gun going to be used for? Check out the Tri-star Viper G2 Semi-auto. If you are looking for a turkey gun, look at the G2 "Turkey", which I have. Very reliable at half the price of the other name brands. They both have 3" chambers.

Basically target and wildlife protection, female shooter

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I researched 410s pretty good before buying a 410 for my wife and daughter to use. If you are going to use it for self defense, I would avoid a magazine fed 410 shotgun. One problem with 410 shotguns is the ammo. Despite the length stated on the box, the shells can be varying lengths based on the crimp style if I recall. This can cause them to bind in semi auto shotguns when loading. I would imagine they could suffer rimlock as well, but I've never owned one so I can't say for certain. Semis are also heavily dependent on the velocity and pressure to cycle the action. If you are recoil sensitive, a pistol caliber carbine may be useful as well.

I ended up getting a Mossberg 500E .410 shotgun for my wife and daughter to use. It shoots 2 1/2 and 3 inch shells. You need to practice with a pump shotgun, but it's fairly easy to use and reliable. If you'd like to try it, feel free and since you're in Carroll county you can come up with us to the club and shoot it. Walmart wells these typically. I don't think the one in Eldersburg sells guns, but Mt Airy and Hampstead does. I got mine at Mt Airy if I recall. This is an old pic;

Attachments

• 20150821_194406.jpg
      20150821_194406.jpg
      57.7 KB · Views: 16

BAW

Mar 7, 2024
    Sykesville
    I researched 410s pretty good before buying a 410 for my wife and daughter to use. If you are going to use it for self defense, I would avoid a magazine fed 410 shotgun. One problem with 410 shotguns is the ammo. Despite the length stated on the box, the shells can be varying lengths based on the crimp style if I recall. This can cause them to bind in semi auto shotguns when loading. I would imagine they could suffer rimlock as well, but I've never owned one so I can't say for certain. Semis are also heavily dependent on the velocity and pressure to cycle the action. If you are recoil sensitive, a pistol caliber carbine may be useful as well.

I ended up getting a Mossberg 500E .410 shotgun for my wife and daughter to use. It shoots 2 1/2 and 3 inch shells. You need to practice with a pump shotgun, but it's fairly easy to use and reliable. If you'd like to try it, feel free and since you're in Carroll county you can come up with us to the club and shoot it. Walmart wells these typically. I don't think the one in Eldersburg sells guns, but Mt Airy and Hampstead does. I got mine at Mt Airy if I recall. This is an old pic;
    Thank you very much, where do you shoot

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    The Saiga 410 is a fun gun to shoot but I wouldn't call it reliable. Very picky with ammo but they shoot better with 3" shells. Mags are hard to find and pricey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom