• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    hate to rain on anyone's parade, but isn't this kinda like the Pontiac fiero's dressed up as Ferraris. all show and no go. I shot the m249 a couple of times and that was wicked cool.

I forget the model but was ogling over some guy's belt fed gun he uncased a couple of years ago and he lets me shoot it and it's semi friggin auto, I tried to hide my disappointment but probably didn't do a good job.

just my stupid opinion.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    That's pretty cool. So if I save up a big enough pile of money, I can buy this because somehow it is not on the list as a "military style assault weapon," but M1A's are still banned? That makes me want one just out of spite.

Does MD consider belts magazines? Would you have to go out of state to buy more than 10 links?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    That's pretty cool. So if I save up a big enough pile of money, I can buy this because somehow it is not on the list as a "military style assault weapon," but M1A's are still banned? That makes me want one just out of spite.

Does MD consider belts magazines? Would you have to go out of state to buy more than 10 links?

No they do not, buy away. :D

Donkey

Aug 10, 2011
    Sharpsburg
    My buddy has both the M240 and the m249. I have shot both. But the saw has broken eveytime we have taken it out. Bolt design sucks and where he got it from has sent him 3 bolts already. Biggest disappointment ever. It also must be kept clean and hates cheap ammo. We have never gotten no more than 250 rounds out of it at any time. Sometimes less then 50.
    The m240 in 308 from runs like a dream.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I carried a SAW when I was in the army. Heavy, cumbersome, and finicky as all get out. For the price point, you are better off get ting a belt fed conversion for an AR.

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    I used to teach folks how to shoot these in the Air Force. It was fun and we didn't have too many issues with them despite having a high round count. Granted, it was probably b/c they were range guns and we maintained them pretty well, so they didn't necessarily see the rigors of combat. If I end up seeing them at a price WELL below the $7000 SCARCQB says is retail, I might pick one up for the sake of nostalgia.

ETA: Scar was right according to The Firearm Blog. $7,000-$7,500. It'd have to be half of this to get me to consider it.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/04/10/fnh-usa-release-semi-auto-version-m249-public/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom