• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EVOIXGSR

Straight Baller Status
    Mar 13, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    Title pretty much says it all. As a MD resident, what are my options for a semi-auto 308 rifle these days, preferably under $1,000?

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    The under $1000 is crushing your options.

If I understand it properly, the Cetme not on the ban list. That's about your only option under 1K......IF you can convince a dealer to follow the letter of the law.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    If you build it yourself and take your time finding deals on parts, an AR10 might be do-able on that budget. Or if you spend a just little more you might be able to find a used FNAR.

Feb 28, 2013
    I've seen the stripped down DPMS for just over the $1k Mark. 2A Sales in Jessup usually has a few on the wall, but most are $1,500+ IIRC.

Freestate has one, even in the old school configuration I like. I wish I would have asked what they wanted for it when I was there last.

maddogthegreatest

Nov 19, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

asdaven

Oct 30, 2013
    Maryland
    Best bet would be an AR in .308. The AR 10 was not banned and they are the only .308 semi autos that I'm seeing for sale at the post October Maryland gun shows. You could build one. Technically the CETME I don't think was banned but still to the untrained eye , even some dealers and police, it looks a lot like the G3, which I believe was banned. Same with the VZ-58, which wasn't banned, but very much cosmetically resembles an AK-47 , which was banned "in all forms". Technically legal but good luck getting a dealer to transfer it. The law is not entirely clear because a rifle could just look cosmetically like one of the banned guns and have completely different internals and still count unless it is of course rimfire. But I wonder who makes that determination if this law is challenged? Like if a dealer is accused of selling a banned rifle when they are in fact selling a CETME or VZ 58.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Enough CETMEs have enough issues I'd look elsewhere given MD's climate.

I'd hate to get a shitty CETME and then they ban more stuff before you can get something decent.

Just get an AR in 308, or build one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom