• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    Ok thanks to all at the group shoot who let my girlfriend try some of their gear (Mainly Paulin with his nice happy-switch enabled $$$ spenders) She loved it as this was her first "real" time shooting. She really liked my bone stock 10/22 and now I am thinking of getting her a nice semi-auto .22lr for x-mas but as she is left hand/eye I was hoping for something a little more accomidating.
    Any recommendations? Anything other than a 10/22 in the semi-auto world you recommend? again she doesnt need bells and whistles, maybe something we could put a red-dot or light scope on eventualy but mainly a paper-puncher and a can-plinker that she can call her own. something reliable and not too picky on ammo too. Im trying to stay under $250
    thanks

Blazin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2008
    Leonardtown, MD
    I am not a lefty, but I have owned and enjoyed a Browning 22 Autoloading Takedown (ATD). It's a bottom eject. I've since sold it, but it was a sweet little gun that seemed especially suited to lefties.

Johnnyeastside

Jun 8, 2009
    Abingdon
    I just bought a Marlin 795 from Dick's for $120, plus $20 rebate. I'm left handed too. I haven't shot it yet, but I have no problem with the 10/22 ejection. They had the wood stock 10/22 for $199 as well.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Ive been wanting the buckmark camper carbine myself, I havent tried it out yet but as soon as I get the $$$ I want to get the buckmark carbine with the bull barrel and toss the red dot and put on a little pistol scope maybe

I'm left handed and love my Browning SA-22 (ATD). If you are shooting from a bench, be forewarned that the shells bounce all over the place. I also have a Browning BPS shotgun because it is bottom ejecting.

When shooting from a bench with a bolt action, I actually prefer a right handed gun. That way I don't have to move my shooting hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom