• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    A friend of mine asked me a question about selling his AR that I couldnt answer, so I figured I would bring it to the MDS brain trust. He is considering selling an AR that he built on a pre-ban lower but it has the maryland legal Hbar upper. It even says Hbar on the barrel. His question was, since Hbars are face to face sales, can he legally sell it like that even though it is on a preban lower? Thanks for any help!

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Yeah, I mentioned he may not want to sell a preban lower too. I guess I would if I HAD to but it would definitely be down the list of things to sell.

Considering your average stripped lower goes for around $100 or less, I wouldn't consider selling a pre-ban lower unless I was literally down to my last dollar. Even a complete upper with basic quality mil spec parts will fetch under $250 brand new.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    I dont think those are the going rates currently. I also dont know his financial situation but I would be willing to be he is thinking he could get more than that and that is whats driving his wanted to sell an AR.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I literally just bought a stripped lower from a local FFL for $125. That is the going rates. Lowers have not gone up.. People are paying a premium for face to face long guns and to a much lesser extent items with a 7 day wait, but not paying a premium for unassembled DIY builds. Most people paying $$$ are newbs and assembly is intimidating to the average person (who cant even change a headlight on a car anymore).

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yeah but hurry. I think prices peaked last week before the election. I think demand is going to trail off now that the election is nearly final.
    Depends if the GOP keeps the Senate majority or not. That has always really been the predictor, even moreso than the presidency.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    erwos is correct. If the GOP retains the Senate as expected with 51 or 52 seats, gun control (tax hikes, packing the courts, etc) are off the table. Right now we are likely at 50 and it will come down to the 2 GA senate races. Even with 50 though I think it will be all but impossible to push through much. Now if somehow they pickup 3 Senate seats out of 4 remaining likely red states (very remote), who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom