• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome. By all means join in both individually and the 2A groups at state and national level.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    There is no active executive order or federal law that bars military personnel from carry firearms on base.

What there is, for the Army, is AR 190-14, which was approved in 1992 and went into effect in 1993. Each base has it's own rules and regulations regarding firearms on base.

Here is a link to every EO issued by Clinton: http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/executive-orders/clinton-subjects.html

I have looked at the list and don't see an EO that addresses the issue. Furthermore, I was stationed at the Whitehouse under Bush41 and Clinton, this was never a topic of discussion amongst us.

Sorry about that. I was repeating something I "learned" from the MSM and you know how reliable they are.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    That is how sheep are created, by not researching what we are told.

This is probably how the misunderstanding got started.

Although this original directive was issued in February 1992, Stockman and other opponents of the military’s policy on carrying personal firearms refer to this as a “Clinton-era” policy because the Army issued a separate instruction reinforcing the DoD policy in 1993.
    http://www.militarytimes.com/articl...t-troops-civilians-carry-guns-stateside-bases

br3krj

Libertarian Conservative
    Oct 25, 2009
    Harford County
    I would like to see Gov. Hogan allow the National Guard to arm themselves like other governors are proposing. It's time for him to show some support for the 2nd Amendment.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I would like to see Gov. Hogan allow the National Guard to arm themselves like other governors are proposing. It's time for him to show some support for the 2nd Amendment.

And I would like to see Gov. Hogan allow everyone to arm themselves like other governors are proposing. It's time for him to show some support for the 2nd Amendment.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    The other thing that we, as individuals need to start pushing, is the "palapable need" statement as issued by the 4th Circuit in Wollard. And if every time the MSP or the state brings up Scherr and/or Snowden we should remind them that Heller and McDonald supersede them.

I will definitely be pursuing this angle when I go in for my informal review for my permit modification.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Hey guys I Know Im preaching to the choir when I say we need better gun laws to protect ourselves and family against the tragedy that happened yesterday...but even if it wasn't a military operation like a recruitment center and just a strip mall ...how do we the people of MD protect ourselves from crap like this when we aren't allowed to be armed ourselves... Maybe this incident will open the eyes of the legislators to not only let our military be armed outside of their confined operation statue but let the citizens be able to protect themselves the way they should be allowed to do so while in public.... Just venting but we need to keep pushing for the right to carry so this type of incident doesn't happen in our own back yard....

Others have commented on strategy which includes getting judges to rule on Constitutional grounds, but keep in mind the the left's answer to this is "take off your uniforms and close the blinds." THAT is their idea of safety and self-defense. You're not going to convince the rabid left-wing nuts. But maybe the sheeple will wake up for elections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom