• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nister969

Oct 14, 2010
    You are here
    I guess what I don't get is that Magpul discontinued the old 20 round Pmag that has a straight body and in their news release on Dec 18th they stated the new 20 round M3 version with the curved body was already shipping, but I haven't seen a single one . Only a few sites reference the new M3 as being backordered. Has anyone actually been able to get their hands on some?

Nister969

Oct 14, 2010
    You are here
    Yup, I have backorders for them on Brownells and MidwayUSA, and just checked Gunbroker and some dude is selling 2 for $5,000 (first two to be manufactured) sounds like an inside job....crazy

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I was lucky and found that 44mag.com had 9 30s left in inventory on 12/19 so I ordered 5 of them and got them in about 2.5 weeks. 3 went to my gunsmith and 2 for me. I am keeping them in the plastic since I have 4 working 30s and 3 working 20s for my ARs. However the 20s were bought for range use and for my other AR which I just finished selling. Not sure I really need more than 1 20 right now as I don't use them in 3-gun.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Magpul now makes a 20 rounder with a curved body? Why?

I actually had a few feeding problems with the straight-body 20-rounders, in .300-221. If you believe what MAGPUL says, the M3 mags have many improvements over the previous magazines.

I already have about 10 M3 30-rounders... :innocent0

highfructosecornsyrup

Apr 2, 2012
    baltimore city
    on my stag AND on my buddies stag, the 20 rd magpul would not lock the bolt open after the last round (most times). however on my usgi mags and my 30 rd mag puls it works fine. I prefer the 20rd mags when I fire from a bipod the 30s are harder to swap out. I only load 5 at a time anyway...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I also had problems with the 20rd pmag M2 mags, and have relegated them to the "I don't trust these mags" bin. The 20rd Lancers are much better, but good luck finding those now at a sane price.

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    I also had problems with the 20rd pmag M2 mags, and have relegated them to the "I don't trust these mags" bin. The 20rd Lancers are much better, but good luck finding those now at a sane price.

Interesting, I've had flawless performance from my Magpul 20-round mags. My Lancer mags have run flawless too, but I have one that is recalcitrant when loading due to the spring binding and the way the follower is not a no-tilt variety.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    on my stag AND on my buddies stag, the 20 rd magpul would not lock the bolt open after the last round (most times). however on my usgi mags and my 30 rd mag puls it works fine. I prefer the 20rd mags when I fire from a bipod the 30s are harder to swap out. I only load 5 at a time anyway...

Same problem here with the 20s. They feed everything fine, but don't lock the bolt consistently.

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    Atlantic guns in Rockville had some a week or so ago, would probably be better to call and not sure where your located. I got my last batch from primary arms but they stopped shipping to MD a few months ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom