• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goofy810

Jan 14, 2013
    Ok I asked b4 got great answers (love this forum) for my AR now that I need to take out a second mortgage to buy ammo to feed the AR ill be shooting the 15-22 (I got a few thousand rounds from pre ammo run) so I need a good .22lr scope but can't spend more then like $150 to $250 Ill be shooting at 100yards any recommendations?
    Thanks

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    The AR15-22 is not super accurate (about 2 MOA) so putting even a $250 scope on it is a waste. If you want a 3-9x then get a BSA Sweet 22, the older one with the 3 separate elevation turrets for BDC for 36, 38, and 40g ammo and AO parallax adjustment. It can be had from various discounters for about $35 (used to cost about $65) because it has been superceded by new models with side parallax adjustment and all in one turrets for all three bullet weights that cost $100 for the 3-9x and $150 for the 6-18x model. If you want a tactical type scope the Aim Sport 1.5-4x28 is an illuminated mil-dot and comes with a decent cantilever mount clone of the Burris PEPR for about $120.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    honestly 2moa stock might be pushing it imho. my 2c
    Maybe. I have both a PC and a regular model. Have shot the PC model compared to my custom Rem 597 that shoots sub-MOA and it is not close shooting both at 50 yards. However putting an alloy handguard on the 15-22 does improve the accuracy some because it bolts the barrel to the metal handguard as opposed to the plastic stock one. Also removing the endcap on the quadrail of the 15-22 does improve the stock gun by free floating the barrel.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I am trying this out on mine since it's a spare just sitting around. Should work out pretty good I think.
    https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_1_4X_24_Illuminated_Scope_PA14X_p/pa14x.htm
    The only reason I did not go with the PA 1-4x24 on my 3-gun practice 15-22 is the reticle is a rather inferior one for sustained accuracy at different ranges. Finally found this scope which had a reticle at least similar to my Burris MTAC 1-4x24.

http://varmintscopes.blogspot.com/2013/02/sniper-tactical-scope-1-4x28-5-eye.html

Not to mention this scope has a huge 5" eye relief. I had to mount it on one of my cantilever mounts all the way at the front of the upper receiver rail to put it in the correct location. Left plenty of room for a flip up or 45 degree iron sight behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom