• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I own lots of ar's including LWRC, Daniel Defense. and Bravo but I have a need for another one in particular. And the is the Knight's Armarment mod 2 which is running around 4k. Do you think it's worth it?

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Personally, most firearms are overpriced but Knights is especially expensive right now. I have several KAC rifles and quite a few of their accessories. Pre panic, a Mod 2 was going for $2.5k. I truly believe it was worth that amount then. But due to scarcity, their prices have skyrocketed. Knights has some innovative features that make them worth more than a standard AR like the E3 bolt and barrel extension and the Mod 2 gas system. They also use a proprietary intermediate gas system as well which is slightly longer than the standard commercial intermediate gas length I believe. It changes the recoil impulse from other rifles out there but that may be subjective. The rifles are rated to 20k+ rounds on the barrel and bolt and there are instances of more than that documented. Their rails are some of the best on the market for strength and weight. Last I heard was that Knights is focusing on their contracts for complete rifles and suppressors so they will be harder to come by but uppers, parts, and accessories will still be available. So if you found a complete SR-15, you may not want to wait to get it as availability is going down and prices are going up. I’m not expert on KAC products but I bought my first SR-15 Mod 0 legacy 11 years ago and now have a couple of SR-25s, a dozen or so of their rails, several complete lowers, a couple of chrome bolts and carriers, muzzle devices, sights, and tools to work on their stuff. I’ll also add that their CS is actively involved on a few forums like Arfcom and even SOTAR. I have trouble stomaching the prices now but Knights has risen in line with everything else out there so it’s not out of line with others that I’ve seen.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I own lots of ar's including LWRC, Daniel Defense. and Bravo but I have a need for another one in particular. And the is the Knight's Armarment mod 2 which is running around 4k. Do you think it's worth it?

****I own several KAC rifles, and purchased them at pre-panic prices and thought they were expensive at the time, but after field stripping them and doing just a once over to see how they are made they are noticeably better built and fit than some of my range mates *much* less expensive Del Ton Echo, ATI Omni's, etc.. I'm no expert at building AR's, but am comfortable with using measuring tools like Mic's, gauges, etc.. from building race car motors in the past - and the KAC's are *really* nice. Fit, finish, machining, finishing marks and overall QC is demonstrably better than most anything else I have seen short of custom.

4k is a bit steep, given I paid I think $2300 for my most recent KAC perhaps 3 years ago.. I think prices will go down, and unless you don't have anything else and have just one AR, I'd personally not spend that much on a functionally similar KAC versus other brands that are considerably cheaper, and work pretty much the same.

If you just have the money, just get it. You won't be disappointed quality or function wise with it. They make a very solid product, but I think 4k even in today's environment is too much. Prices will come down, and if they don't, so what - if you have money just buy it if you really want it.

Yes yes, if the price next year is 6k, or 8k, etc.. or they are banned you will have guys in a poorly titled MDS thread telling everyone how they predicted all of this, and they will laugh and laugh as they point out the error of our ways, and how they bought all of their guns super cheap but will never sell any of them because they will keep going up in value forever until they are worth more than a car, a house, or a box of 9mm ammo even, and become the new de-facto currency for all debts, public and private. ;)

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    We got rid of ours at work in favor of the Geissele rifles. We kept breaking extractors and other small parts. KAC proprietary parts are a pain to get when you need replacements. Otherwise they were fine, certainly duty grade. Just understand that they don’t really do anything that any other good quality rifle can’t do, so the premium you are paying is only really worth it if it makes you happy. Just like the Geissele rifles, which are also duty grade and also wear out and break small parts.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    We hobbyists make such a big fuss about firearms, don't we? The real vets just use what is issued like a tool or pick up off the battle field.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Thanks for the info. I agree that most the price be high. I think that if i find one I will buy since at my age I think I just want it. and the fact that I can sell a couple of firearms at inflated rates due to the economy to fund it.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Thanks for the info. I agree that most the price be high. I think that if i find one I will buy since at my age I think I just want it. and the fact that I can sell a couple of firearms at inflated rates due to the economy to fund it.
    Nothing wrong with buying a good quality firearm simply because it makes you happy. I don’t know what panic pricing is like on those, but if it’s a thousand or more above retail, keep in mind that it’s going to be difficult to get more than half your money back once the market settles down. Again not a problem at all if you can afford it and know that going in, just wanted to bring it up.

If you buy one, You’ll be very happy with some KAC in your life.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    You could get another LWRC AND DD for that price, as well as ammo. Those are certainly top notch rifles favored by military contractors. KA makes great rifles, but are certainly not worth $4500. YMMV.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Colt AR15 M4 Carbine CR6920 is the new rifle from Colt can be had for 1,200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom