• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 15, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Saw that on facebook today and couldn't believe it. I'm glad they pulled it but I'm sure there will be more of this in the future. Maybe I need to start saving for private schools. :sad20:

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    It seems that was taken from an 03 book, so before Heller/McDonald.

But there is no reason for the school to be teaching that today.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I saw that, got to love educator brainwashing. Next will be WWII was fought with Nerf guns

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    When and if I have children they will be home schooled. This public indoctrination system we have in the US is out of control and the root to many of this country's problems, fix the "education system" save the future of this nation.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    i have been telling folks that this has been going on for years. i was put out of my sons school for bitching about this same thing about ten years ago. the history they teach children is so wrong and biased they would not even let them bring the history books home. they know what they are doing and its messed up.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Saw that on facebook today and couldn't believe it. I'm glad they pulled it but I'm sure there will be more of this in the future. Maybe I need to start saving for private schools. :sad20:

Or better yet, homeschool. Many of the private schools are just as politically correct and use the same skewed American history they are teaching in the pubic schools.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Notice they said they're "pulling the lesson" not "correcting the lesson".

I doubt those students will hear anything about the 2A.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    My wife teaches at the COLLEGE level in MD and some students, natural citizens and educated in the Maryland school system, have thought things such as "MLK freed the slaves". While some might think think slavery continued in another form in jim crow America, this subtlety was not this student's thought process. Deliberately giving kids revisionist history will make matters much worse. We are considering private and/or home schooling because we are constantly surprised at the ineptitude.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    It seems that was taken from an 03 book, so before Heller/McDonald.

But there is no reason for the school to be teaching that today.

I wonder if that school is still teaching that women shouldn't vote, slavery is moral because it civilizes lesser peoples, and colonialism is the white man's burden.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    I plead, if you can go the home school route. If not the private school route. The argument is that everyone is home schooled - just depends how much? 5 minutes or 4 hours per day.

As a student I was always upset at not having time to have questions answered, yet wasting so much time standing in lines with our hands behind our backs. Being moved from one place to the next. Also, always being told to be quiet, basically to shut up.

Then professors are angry when college students don't have a clue, an original idea or an opinion. At 2 separate universities I was teaching Math and software, working through problems where they have the final answer - they could not or would not chime in as to the reasoning and steps to get to the final answer.

When I was in Senior year, HS, I was taking Pre-cal, but was sad that I would not be able to take Calculus in High school.

One kid was a junior in HS and he was going to UT Austin mid-day to take Calculus with college freshmen. Good for him.

In elementary, I remember seeing on TV the shuttle crash, I was in computer class playing some Turtle navigation game (DOS) with arrow keys. They carted a TV in for us 1st graders to see the shuttle explode. We really didn't comprehend much but it was awesome to see it and have that memory.

But in HS, my Geometry teacher, He carted in a TV into the room to show us the Waco final battle, in Waco Texas, happening live in the afternoon. Well, I should clarify, the fire that ended it. I over heard arguments in the HS hallway where some Teachers were choosing not to show their kids this historical event. Sad, so sad.

And those are a few of my memories, great thing is that we have freedom to decide on which school kids go to.

In Maryland, I know a couple that is home schooling and forgoing making up to $225,000 per year as a household. They clear $80k, after it's all said and done, saying that it's worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom