• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eah990

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey guys,

Just bought a scattergun technologies 870 and cant get the damn barell off. I took of the magazine extender and removed the follower and spring. The spring almost took my eye out, but its removed non the less. I put the action all the way forward, half way, and all the way back and still couldnt get the barell off. My theory is that the gun coat they put on these guns has increased the dimension of the barell causing a tight fit. Anyone have any experience with this issue? any sollutions?

thanks

Eric

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    The coating they put on is probably holding it in tighter like you said. If I were you I would get a scrap piece of wood and a hammer. put the wood under the barrel ring and tap with the hammer. You may want to have someone hold the barrel so it doesnt fly off when you wack it. :)
    With the action back, it should pop right off. If all else fails, call Wilson Combat and ask them.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Hey guys,

Just bought a scattergun technologies 870 and cant get the damn barell off. I took of the magazine extender and removed the follower and spring. The spring almost took my eye out, but its removed non the less. I put the action all the way forward, half way, and all the way back and still couldnt get the barell off. My theory is that the gun coat they put on these guns has increased the dimension of the barell causing a tight fit. Anyone have any experience with this issue? any sollutions?

thanks

Eric

Eric

congrats....how about a pics. I'd like to see it

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Hey guys,

thanks

Eric

:lol:I do not know how to fix your gun, but it is almost mandatory to almost poke your eye while taking that spring out the first time. It is a tactical assault spring.

Last edited:

eah990

Feb 25, 2010
    pics

pics

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
      photo-1.jpg
      65.1 KB · Views: 197
    • photo.jpg
      photo.jpg
      108.8 KB · Views: 170

eah990

Feb 25, 2010
    finally yes lol. It was the coating adding a little dimension to the barell, and no joke I think I pulled something in my back getting it off. I had to hold the shoulder stock with my feet and pull hard with my hands on the barell to get it off. Prolly looked a little weird

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom