• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I had a Zenith Z5RS and sold it but now I want a Z5P. I know I can't put a vertical grip on it unless it's an SBR, but since the OAL as an SBR won't meet 29" without looking ridiculous can I just SBR it and only use a vertical grip?

Or what if I SBR and use a vertical grip with arm brace? I just don't want to have a ridiculous looking stock.

(not mine...)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      84.2 KB · Views: 1,376

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    AOW Any Other Weapon. Is what you want

I don't believe you could just use the VFG and no stock. The stock is one of rhe things it must have to be a SBR. No stock, no SBR.

Also if OAL => 26", you can use a VFG.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    AOW Any Other Weapon. Is what you want

I don't believe you could just use the VFG and no stock. The stock is one of rhe things it must have to be a SBR. No stock, no SBR.

Also if OAL => 26", you can use a VFG.

Ah that's what it is, an AOW. The Z5P would definitely be well short of 26" though. Could an AOW have an arm brace attached with the vertical grip?

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    Ah that's what it is, an AOW. The Z5P would definitely be well short of 26" though. Could an AOW have an arm brace attached with the vertical grip?

I'm pretty sure that would be ok. It would be a pistol with a vertical grip and that's an AOW. I don't think the brace comes into play at all. When in doubt call the NFA branch and they will have the answers you need.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I'm pretty sure that would be ok. It would be a pistol with a vertical grip and that's an AOW. I don't think the brace comes into play at all. When in doubt call the NFA branch and they will have the answers you need.

I would agree with this.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Good info, thanks guys. Here's what I was looking at for a brace. It doesn't look terribly bad considering it's a brace compared to some of the other options out there.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      4.5 KB · Views: 438

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    Do you have a link for that? I'm interested.

Not for sale just yet. It does come in both MP5 and MP5K configurations. SB Tactical said late November but here we are and they are not shipping yet.

If you look hard enough you can find these listed for less than $200.

That said, if you want the current non-folding brace for an MP5K, I will sell you one cheap!

Another option is a custom HK fixed wooden stock with a hidden extender. A guy on MDS made one for an MP5.

I am not going to bother with an AOW. Gonna use the brace, DTAC handguard, and BCM KAG.

IMAG1447_zpsaui8udei.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cddrive

Latest threads

Top Bottom