• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • twenty5mafia

MDS Supporter
    May 27, 2023
    Baltimore
    I have scrolling the MD Firearms page, and from a few posts here, I can't tell if this is an already answered question.
    I bought an AKv 9mm PSA in another state, and I am looking to SBR it. I am officially change my address to MD sometime next year, so I realize it may be illegal in MD.... I was trying to figure out if the 9mm AK is legal in MD? It is a 10.5" barrel, and with a stock would shoot across the 29" threshold, but I know MD is a little weird with AKs and things that are based on its design

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    As long as the gun is on the HG roster and you meet the 29" requirement, you should be good to go. The gun is American made.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    ahh so its based off that roster, and not the banned list of rifles.
    Since you already own it, you should be able to bring it here. I am not well versed on that procedure, so you might search what the procedure is as far as bringing in and registering an already owned pistol into Md.

ETA: You might have to have an HQL in order to do that. You could call MSP and ask them the procedure.

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 16-59-20 Maryland State Police Firearm Registration.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom