SB387 "Public Safety - Untraceable Firearms" - The Ban on Private Firearm Making

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    You are not alone in your logistical planning.
    Maybe we can be neighbors. We can buy some adjacent acres and have a nice range.

Imagine what those measures could have done about the crime rate in Baltimore had they passed….nothing. Absolutely goddamn nothing.

I’m at the point where I think testimony should only be smelling their collective breaths for the scent of Soros’ ding ding, insulting their intelligence, or insulting their integrity.

I feel the exact same way about testimony this year. They don't care about facts and I don't care about their feelings.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I feel the exact same way about testimony this year. They don't care about facts and I don't care about their feelings.

I used to advocate the polite approach, thinking you can always reason with people. I was naive. Public apologies to those I may have argued with.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I used to advocate the polite approach, thinking you can always reason with people. I was naive. Public apologies to those I may have argued with.

We were all taken in by our early exposure to civics classes. Some people learn from their mistakes; others are stuck living in the Land of Pleasant Thinking.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I think they are going to pass something regardless.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but perhaps our only recourse is to try and make it the 'least bad' as possible.

For instance, what if an amendment were offered that exempted:

- Law enforcement officers. These folks need to be able to defend themselves with whatever tool they choose, including firearms of their own design.
    - LEOSA holders. Retired LE don't lose the need to defend themselves, let's not take tools from those that have served us and have to 'watch their back' as they age.
    - W&C and HQL holders. These folks have been background checked by the state to purchase a firearm. How would it be any more dangerous for society to continue to allow them to make personal weapons?

Acknowledged of course that their implicit goal is to take this right from everyone, but at least it would make the dialog more interesting to make that perspective clear. I think the outcome is already decided, sadly.

No amendments, nothing but out and out defeat of the bill.

We NEVER caved on FSA2013 back in 2013, and it caused the Governor, The Speaker of the House, and The President of the Senate to threaten members of their own party to get what they wanted.

Nope, the only accepted outcome is NO NEW LAW.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    About the only carve outs I am comfortable with are location specific ones.

For instance, permits should be shall issue/constitutional carry. However, call me a commie if you want, I think there ARE some places your average citizen should not be allowed to carry a firearm. Into a prison, in court buildings, on a plane, probably a couple of other places I am not thinking of.

But that said...well, I don't think I'd have an issue if off duty officers also had to abide by that. I am not sure I'd have heart burn if off duty officers didn't have to abide by that.

We didn't compromise on ANYTHING in 2013, we haven't compromised on anything since then (That I am aware of), and we shouldn't with this or any other anti-2A bill.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    No carve outs.

In a negotiation (i.e. "actual compromise") both parties get something out of the deal. We are consistently being bullied into conceding, but getting *nothing* in return.

Honestly, ask yourself "What benefit do I/we get out of this?" Empty promises don't count.

Here's what you are starting with.

We need to get back to our 2013 ways, no compromise absolutely none.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Respectfully I don't think that's correct. FSA2013 could have been MUCH worse.

We NEVER compromised on FSA2013, not once.

Don't even try to put what we did in 2013, on the same table as compromising to get a lesser bill.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    That will never happen while there's an MSP "advisor" in Annapolis full time. Your tax dollars in action.
    Every Executive agency has a Legislative Liaison representing the Governor's interests in the Legislative process...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I’m at the point where I think testimony should only be smelling their collective breaths for the scent of Soros’ ding ding, insulting their intelligence, or insulting their integrity.

It’s been seldom or never done. Time to give it a go!

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Perhaps I missed something but if you have an ffl put a serial number on one then what. Background check, report to MSP. I don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Perhaps I missed something but if you have an ffl put a serial number on one then what. Background check, report to MSP. I don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the FFL serializes the gun as the bill requires (if enacted), then nothing. Gun can be lawfully kept. If not, one risks being arrested some day for their unserialized gun(s).

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    If the FFL serializes the gun as the bill requires (if enacted), then nothing. Gun can be lawfully kept. If not, one risks being arrested some day for their unserialized gun(s).

If they have to keep it overnight, wouldn’t they have to transfer it back to you? For a regulated firearm, would that require a 77r and 7-day wait? Or is that only for purchases, not gunsmith transfers back to the owner?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

Honestly, it really does sound like the setup for a joke and no punch line. So, the FFL marks it with a serial number, but nobody makes a record of that, and if it gets stolen or something ... whew - at least is has a number on it! I must be missing something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom