• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mtb

May 24, 2011
    There is a section that says *all* transport is illegal aside from the provisions in the next section, and the next section only calls out transport to the police station with a court order.

I read that as banning transport unless you are turning it in.

For those arguing that it does not ban transport:
    - Does that make you feel better about the bill or something?
    - Whether it explicitly bans transport or implies it or whatever should not matter. We are against it.
    - Banning transport makes the bill less likely to pass, more people will be against it. So I say it bans transport based on how I read it.

Ken

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    There is a section that says *all* transport is illegal aside from the provisions in the next section, and the next section only calls out transport to the police station with a court order.

I read that as banning transport unless you are turning it in.

For those arguing that it does not ban transport:
    - Does that make you feel better about the bill or something?
    - Whether it explicitly bans transport or implies it or whatever should not matter. We are against it.
    - Banning transport makes the bill less likely to pass, more people will be against it. So I say it bans transport based on how I read it.

Ken
    If you do not register it then the only way you can transport will be with a court order to the police. If registered you can transport just like any other long gun. This was discussed at length in the SJPC.

K-9

Apr 12, 2011
    Dumbdalk!
    Hopefully someone can help me out on this bill. I've been rereading the 38 pages over and over again. AW won't be illegal if legally purchased before Oct 2013 and registered with the MSP? Am I reading that wrong? It's confusing to me. Thanks guys and gals.

40-Cal-Polymer

Known Gunmen
    Jan 30, 2013
    No, but i was being sure that i didnt miss something. Like I said, none of us want to see this bill pass, but some are thinking that its going to be a knock on your door, hey give me your weapons kind of deal. and I didnt see anything like that in there. Nor did I read anything that stated that. But in reading some posts from earlier yesterday, someone stated that they felt that if they got pulled over and you had a banned firearm in your vehicle that the police would take it. I think it is clear that if you legally own it and it is registered, that you are good to go. Dont you.

Yes, and I'm sure those residing in N.O during the aftermath of hurricane Katrina didn't think that the NOPD and the National Guard would go door to door of lawful patrons homes to confiscate their fireams at gun point either.....You should asked how well it worked out for them....Some of those people are STILL fighting legal battles to get their guns back from the low down dirty no good filthy scum sucking slime balls that by brute force, warrantlessly stole....yes, no paper work, reciepts, no badge numbers not even a reach around...stole from these people and made them helpless and defenseless from the armed thugs and criminals that were allowed to run rampant. If it can happen there.....well I'm sure you can finish that sentence. Oh, and I should mention that none of their firearms were banned or illegal. Do not put anything past any one of these no good lying criminals.

Boomer73

Jan 22, 2013
    Thats actually not what I support. I do not think it would be a good idea to show up armed in a state where it is not legal, thats a law that I think is worth following. If you're going to march on the capitol armed, I think it should be time to use those weapons, and its not that time.

Now, cardboard ARs, maybe.

Is it actually illegal to carry a rifle into the Capitol?

If we can't carry rifles how about pitchforks torches and cauldrons of boiling tar and bags of feathers?

40-Cal-Polymer

Known Gunmen
    Jan 30, 2013
    Agree. There is no law specifically prohibiting transport of a so-called "assault weapon". What are they going to charge you with?

You don't think they could make something up? "Transporting an illegal firearm", Transporting banned contraband", Smuggling/trafficing illegally possed firearms with intent to distribute" You can imagine how deep the rabbit hole can get if they wanted you to rot in a cell for the next 70 years. Bills like this coupled with the NDAA could have the potential to make you vanish in to thin air.

rnish

May 24, 2012
    How is the MSPD going to register the ASW?

How is the MDPD going to register all the ASW in Maryland? All of the existing weapons are suppose to be registered by October? What are they gong to use a card file?

Better get a receipt for each weapon you register....

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    How is the MDPD going to register all the ASW in Maryland? All of the existing weapons are suppose to be registered by October? What are they gong to use a card file?

Better get a receipt for each weapon you register....

The registration deadline is Nov 1 not October.
    If you bought the weapon in Maryland, it is already registered and no need to re-register as of the last Senate Judiciary Committee where an amendment was added stating this. If you have a registered weapon, you should have a copy of the paperwork you filled out. The same will happen when you register a weapon that hasn't previously been registered in Maryland for a bunch of reasons such as you moved here and brought them with you or what ever.

All of this stuff can change at any time in the legislative process, but this is how it is written as of today.

mtb

May 24, 2011
    If you do not register it then the only way you can transport will be with a court order to the police. If registered you can transport just like any other long gun. This was discussed at length in the SJPC.

And you trust Frosh? They *want* to make us criminals!

Ken

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    If you bought the regulated firearm in Maryland, it is already registered and no need to re-register as of the last Senate Judiciary Committee where an amendment was added stating this. If you have a registered firearm, you should have a copy of the paperwork you filled out. The same will happen when you register a firearm that hasn't previously been registered in Maryland for a bunch of reasons such as you moved here and brought them with you or what ever.

All of this stuff can change at any time in the legislative process, but this is how it is written as of today.

FIFY. ;)

We really need to stop playing into the anti's hands. I do it sometimes myself. These are firearms not weapons.

A pencil can be a weapon if I stab someone in the eye with it but until that point it is just a pencil.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    FIFY. ;)

We really need to stop playing into the anti's hands. I do it sometimes myself. These are firearms not weapons.

A pencil can be a weapon if I stab someone in the eye with it but until that point it is just a pencil.

Not playing into their hands. They don't see any difference. Clip/magazine , gun/firearm/weapon/handgun/rifle, gun owner/felon, they're all the same to them.

rnish

May 24, 2012
    If you bought the weapon in Maryland, it is already registered and no need to re-register as of the last Senate Judiciary Committee where an amendment was added stating this. If you have a registered weapon, you should have a copy of the paperwork you filled out. The same will happen when you register a weapon that hasn't previously been registered in Maryland for a bunch of reasons such as you moved here and brought them with you or what ever.

None of the paperwork done in a FFL is really accessable. Yes the gun shop is suppose to keep a copy of all sales for 20 years. The FFL form for my 357 is faded and way past readable.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Difficult to speculate. Again, hundreds wouldn't do it. It would take thousands. Funny though, when you offer something like "overwhelming them with law suits and legislation" or "10,000 men with black rifles appearing in Annapolis" everyone latches on to the later.

And while those people are in Annapolis, what about the rest of the state, and those homes and families?

Not disagreeing with the concept, but there really are other ways.

Mr H

You aren't kidding. John has been at this a long time. He puts a tremendous amount of energy into fighting this fight. He is a true gentleman. On March 1 everyone should find John, shake his hand, and give him a dollar for a bottle of Maker's Mark. I know for a fact he will be needing a new bottle soon. Especially after last night's Judiciary fiasco.

I spoke to John at length today. He truly is an interesting, dedicated, and worthwhile person to know.

Mr H

Thats actually not what I support. I do not think it would be a good idea to show up armed in a state where it is not legal, thats a law that I think is worth following. If you're going to march on the capitol armed, I think it should be time to use those weapons, and its not that time.

Now, cardboard ARs, maybe.

... which is exactly the imagery we are seeking to avoid.

The more we play to the stereotypes, the more we prove their preconception, and can feed the un(der)informed masses of sheeple.

Mr H

Agree. There is no law specifically prohibiting transport of a so-called "assault weapon". What are they going to charge you with?

Doc... Please understand...

Many of the folks we're dealing with here think that EVERY action that they hear really IS reality.

Proposal=OMG...

Media commentary =Law

We are in a minority who understands the process, the patience needed, and the effectiveness of the "ground game"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom