• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    So was that whole thing recorded? I would like to take some of the more "interesting" quotes to use for my testimony on the first.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Yes, lets keep fighting. Since the other side is bringing in national backers (Brady) why don't we. Our group has already been accused of it. It will boost the numbers for our turnouts. It might help to connect and coordinate with other states, especially New York, to lend mutual assistance and ideas. I'll see you on the 1st.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    I wasn't clear if the amendment to go from one evil feature to two evil features passed or failed.

I'm pretty sure it passed. But that just takes us back to the old AWB. You know, the one the Dept of Justice has said didn't make any difference at all! And you know, the one that Connecticut never allowed to expire...and which didn't seem to prevent the Newtown tragedy!

Yeah...that one!

Arcamm - I'm not angry with you. But the lunacy, and illogic of it makes me crazy!

Joe

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I'm pretty sure it passed. But that just takes us back to the old AWB. You know, the one the Dept of Justice has said didn't make any difference at all! And you know, the one that Connecticut never allowed to expire...and which didn't seem to prevent the Newtown tragedy!

Yeah...that one!

Arcamm - I'm not angry with you. But the lunacy, and illogic of it makes me crazy!

Joe

No problem. My ears are strained to the max trying to hear what they were saying. I don't think I've ever seen (heard) something so important handled by such clueless people.

I'm pissed too!

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    No problem. My ears are strained to the max trying to hear what they were saying. I don't think I've ever seen (heard) something so important handled by such clueless people.

I'm pissed too!

It's like that old saw about "what's the definition of insanity"? ....doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result. We know the AWB doesn't work, but we're re-enacting it ..."for the children" Argggggggggghh!!

Joe

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    We gained a little ground with some of the amendments. what little some of the committee members know about the issue, they learnd from us.

These people had to pass it out of committee. They were determined to have it go for a full vote being such a hot political topic as well as the bill being O'malley and Miller's love child.

Now we expand our efforts. Take what we learned and use it to reach the entire legislature.
    Those who are discouraged at this point, I ask you to accept that we have just finished the first quarter and there's allot of game left.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    It's like that old saw about "what's the definition of insanity"? ....doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result. We know the AWB doesn't work, but we're re-enacting it ..."for the children" Argggggggggghh!!

Joe

It's just the first battle. Regroup, reorganize, press on.

...and find some people to run against these "for the children" types in the next primary.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    It's just the first battle. Regroup, reorganize, press on.

...and find some people to run against these "for the children" types in the next primary.

Needs to also be re-phrased as they are against our children, and our right to protect them. They're using kids as an emotional lever, but passing nothing that would impair an emotionally disturbed person from going on a rampage killing (using whatever means). What they are intent on passing diminishes our ability to protect our children.

olzkool

Feb 20, 2009
    Baltimore
    I would just like to say, as upset as I am about my constitutional rights being trampled, I am 10 times more upset over the way this entire proceeding was handled. The lack of knowledge of the law, subject matter, and the actual bill being voted on, by the people we pay to represent us, is appaling. The fact that something as important as a constitutional right, regardless of which one it is, is treated like a comedy show and pushed through with haste, with no regard for the gravity of the matter sickens me. What is even worse is that a member of the board, who took an oath " to the best of my skill and judgment, diligently and faithfully, without partiality or prejudice, execute the office of Senate" repeatedly accepted instruction on how to vote from the chair and complied without hesitation. This was a mockery of our great democracy, and tonight I will go to bed feeling a little less proud of being an American, and downright ashamed of being a Marylander.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Wouldn't it have been better to NOT have all the amendments? Now it will be harder to fight because it will be seen as "not as bad" as it was before.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Now we expand our efforts. Take what we learned and use it to reach the entire legislature.
    Those who are discouraged at this point, I ask you to accept that we have just finished the first quarter and there's allot of game left.

Gbh - you're right. There are a lot of steps left before it becomes law, and even then there's the whole judicial route.

What's disappointing is that tonight was such a kabuki dance. The outcome seemed fore-ordained, with almost every amendment going down 6-5. OTOH, Frosh would push for an immediate vote on every issue that he didn't like, while allowing looooong discussions of negligible points that were favorable to his position. Muse was perfect as his puppet. I couldn't believe hearing him being told how to vote. It's so very frustrating.

Joe

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    I would just like to say, as upset as I am about my constitutional rights being trampled, I am 10 times more upset over the way this entire proceeding was handled. The lack of knowledge of the law, subject matter, and the actual bill being voted on, by the people we pay to represent us, is appalling.

Sad...but oh so true!! :sad20: :sad20: :sad20:

olzkool

Feb 20, 2009
    Baltimore
    After relistening to some of this, I am thoroughly convinced If anyone of us handled our jobs with the lack of professionalism and preparedness exhibited tonight, we would out of a job in the morning.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    After relistening to some of this, I am thoroughly convinced If anyone of us handled our jobs with the lack of professionalism and preparedness exhibited tonight, we would out of a job in the morning.

As hopefully these clowns will be after the next primary.

Walker

Nov 16, 2012
    Somerset County
    William, I come from a family of hunters and gun owners and am proud to be a part of a community where safe and responsible gun ownership is a fact of everyday life. In the face of senseless violence, I believe that we can best protect our communities by continuing to focus on supporting existing programs and improving our methods for identifying and treating mental illnesses. Instead of creating new laws that restrict our 2nd Amendment rights, we must enforce the laws currently on our books. I have long been a supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights and will be voting against Senate Bill 281 should it or any similar bills come before me on the Senate floor.
    Your effort in taking time to tell me of your thoughts is greatly appreciated. Please continue to keep in touch.
    Thank you.
    -Jim

One of the replies i got from my guy for Somerset County. I just sent him another one. Senator James Mathias (D) seems to be in our corner. But after tonight i'm doubting everything. Looks like i better move back to Virginia.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    Honestly, I know we need to be respectable but I am dont with that approach. I want to let them have it. Do you think Sam Adams would have approached Frosh with, "Sir, I would like to discuss with you.........." Absolutely not!

It's obvious that the polite and courteous approach has accomplished nothing. They have proven to do whatever they damn well please. Who cares if the media paints a picture of gun owners as beligerant assholes....What do we have to gain from "being polite" after this was just passed.

Goateggs

Jan 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Well I just did all I could think of doing right at this moment -- I fired off another letter to my state senator reminding him that my neighbors and I aren't going to forget how he votes on this bill. He's a Democrat but up till now he's been pretty reasonable and pro-2A. I have no idea how hard MOM and his boys are leaning on guys like him. Pretty hard, I expect.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom