• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

quattroginger

Feb 22, 2013
    so how will this work? they vote on the bill at the end? i'v never really paid attention to any bills till this one.

Wahama90

Man....I just called Pipkin's office and said that there's a strong grassroots movement here in MD that are behind him and greatly appreciate his testimony and stance on SB281 today at the Senate Session. The aid took my name and she was very pleased to hear so.

I just called Pipkin's office too. I said that I wanted to thank him for not supporting this bill, and for the questioning of that JACKASS FROSH!!!

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    So was Frosh implying that following steps that sounded like FOPA would allow people to bring their firearms back into Maryland after traveling out of state?

thats how i heard it.. so it will be legal to do so if you already own the registered firearm..

Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    They are going to add amendments into the bill and then talk about it some more I believe.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    They are going to add amendments into the bill and then talk about it some more I believe.

yes..that too.. somebody really need to read the full bill.. knowing frosh.. he probably reword it to make it work for his purpose.

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    Au contraire. I would argue that wastewater has the possibility to kill or harm many more people than all the "assault weapons" in MD. Everybody drinks water and many municipal water sources could be negatively affected. Think of all the pollution drained into the bay that will affect seafood people eat as well. The possibilities for public damage are endless. (Just arguing for arguments sake at this point)

Rename it to Assault Water then we can introduce a bill to ban it. That will fix the problem.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    After that beating Frosh is probobly still in a daze.

I didn't hear a beating. when challenged on something he plays dumb, mumbles and talks in circles. he then spends a bunch of time pretending he can't find the section in the bill.

when attempting to talk the "merits" of the bill, suddenly he an expert on everything, from all aspects of md law, to medical care and treatment of mental illness, to statictics and studies.

****ing lawyers.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    Frosh said crime went up in MO because of shall issue. My next question would have been how many permits did the state revoke.

Frosh's original use of the study was to show that the number of guns that had not been purchased legally and then used in crimes INCREASED. At no time did he say that crime itself increased. He just made that up later.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    I sent another email to the entire senate reminding them that Marylanders will be affected by what the bill SAYS, not what Frosh CLAIMS it says and to please pressure him on his claims if they are not spelled out in the bill.

Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    So was Frosh saying that following steps that sounded like FOPA would allow people to bring their firearms back into Maryland after traveling out of state?

That only works if the regulations follow the bill as intended. Without amendments to the bill, there is no guarentee that they will allow firearms back into MD. I've seen enough "regulations" being written that don't necessarily jive with the intent of a law as passed. Do you really trust O'Malley's people writing these regulations?

p.s. Not all lawyers are bad. Some of those Senators supporting us are lawyers as well and they correctly schooled Frosh on some of the finer points of SB281 that he keeps trying to gloss over.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    so how will this work? they vote on the bill at the end? i'v never really paid attention to any bills till this one.

It will go through reading and votes on amendments. It will get a final vote and IF it passes then it will go to the house for another round of possible amendments and votes. A bill as a whole untouched has to pass both the senate and house to become law.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong on something. (this is only my second year on this.)

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    It will go through reading and votes on amendments. It will get a final vote and IF it passes then it will go to the house for another round of possible amendments and votes. A bill as a whole untouched has to pass both the senate and house to become law.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong on something. (this is only my second year on this.)

That is how I understand it also.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Pretty good.

IMO, if it's not killed outright, let them amend the snot out of it.

The last thing we want is an identical bill coming out of the House. Getting it into a conference committee will drag it out even more.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Since this looks to be a *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* type thread I went ahead and opened a SB-281 chatroom for those that would prefer to communicate that way. Look at the bottom of your browser window.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom