SB100? Any update? Did it make it out of committee?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    You're doing it again. Secret squirrel knowledge of "things we don't see/hear" counting in the "math" for victory. I'm tired of hearing that we won some sort of moral ephemeral victory based on some sort of hidden behind-the-scenes calculus when my rights are in exactly the same place as they were before the session. If we are unable to advance our own agenda and are at the mercy of the other side whenever they introduce something, we are losing, and losing badly.

Let me quickly give you my count for us this session after reviewing the bill status: zero victories. The only "victory" we're probably going to get is HB614, which our bestest buddy Dumais was kind enough to file. I'll appreciate not adding a trip to the roster board for my form 4 SBRs and SBSs, so I guess that's something, but that was actually passed over the objections of our own side, so that's not necessarily good.

I am just so frustrated by our continual inability to make ANY gains in this state, and it bothers me when our situation is cast as anything other than what it really is: extremely dire.
    Speak for yourself.

Say there is no MDShooters. No MSI. No NRA in MD. No AGC. No MDSRPA.
    What would Maryland be like?

This will not keep up forever. 2A rights are not exclusive to one political party, nor are they exclusive to middle-America. Only 3 decades ago, CCW was extremely rare. Look at today. Look at the proliferation and availability of ARs and the like. 2A supporters have forever changed this country. Maryland will change for the better in time, but it won't be because of griping defeatists and antagonists.

There is an energy to change things. The fact that they have to make special accommodations for us in Annapolis every year speaks to this. It makes them uncomfortable...

Take a trip to Freestate on a weekend. Men and women from all walks of life, class, race, etc... were on the firing line yesterday and this is normal there. That can be tapped into. The more people who come away with positive experiences, the better. I was surprised we got the reaction we did in the House Jud when it was brought up that Baltimore had no ranges; that the closest ones were in the county and not easily accessed if one relies on public transit. The delegate from Baltimore (Del. Sydnor, IIRC) actually paused to think about that. Baby steps, yes; but someone has to make them. We don't have some of the garbage that NY and NJ have and a lot of us are working to keep it that way.

The more the 2A is recognized as something that all Marylanders have a right to -- including the city dwellers -- the better for everyone.

abevet101

Nov 22, 2013
    Lusby, MD
    just checked on the status of SB0100 and still no movement despite all this arguing. I'll be calling again tomorrow to voice my support of a vote on the bill.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    See my other recent post. Did you bother to vote? Do you mail/call your legiscritters about 2A and other important issues? More than once? Did you go to Annapolis? Do you support your local FFL, or do you only shop online?

If you feel that strongly, move and run as a challenger in Bowie. Else pipe down about me and keep concentrating on your own district. And/or identify and contribute to challengers in other districts. I'm doing my best taking care of business here. Suggest you do the same.

And speaking of that, there's nothing to stop us from supporting/contributing to Miller & Miller's opposition during their next election cycle. If Bloomberg can do it for his sock puppets, there's nothing that says we can't use the same tactics. Unseating those two would make very worthwhile a objective, IMO.

Whatever, you need to take care of your problems in your district, mine is in line with my beliefs. Like I said before your rep could give a shit less about what I care about, and until I can cast a vote to oppose them they never will.
    As far as moving to Bowie, :lol2: you want to live in that ******** have at it.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

And the people who do live in the shitholes will continually vote Dem and we will be stuck where we are.

As long as MD's primary business is sucking at the government teat we will never have Shall Issue until/unless forced upon them by SCOTUS.

The Stove family MD Exit Countdown Clock is on Snooze until we see what happens with self defense as G&S. We are already replacing/upgrading things in the house with an eye towards getting out of dodge if necessary.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Whatever, you need to take care of your problems in your district, mine is in line with my beliefs. Like I said before your rep could give a shit less about what I care about, and until I can cast a vote to oppose them they never will.

Damn, >> Location: Garrett County.. You'd need a passport to get in to Bowie :D

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Y'all will note that the most vocal about Bowie are from the country and are unwilling to do anything substantial at the state or Federal level. I'll bet they aren't sheepish about accepting the services that Bowie tax money pays for. Have you gotten a bill for paving that road or putting in that light lately?

I'm done with them in this thread. It's like trying to communicate with the dead - as bad as trying to make a pro-2A point with O'Malley.

Me, I'm staying and will keep trying to improve things, even though I could sell out and move in with my daughter in Texas in no time. Because sometimes it's necessary to do what you don't like for the betterment of the future.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    Y'all will note that the most vocal about Bowie are from the country and are unwilling to do anything substantial at the state or Federal level. I'll bet they aren't sheepish about accepting the services that Bowie tax money pays for.

I'm done with them. It's like trying to communicate with the dead - as bad as trying to make a pro-2A point with O'Malley.

Yea because all the bowie tax money is definitely paying for productive folks that live in rural areas. It couldn't possibly be funding the ghetto turds in the rest of pg county and parts of bowie for that matter.You know the ones that would vote for the guy with the D next to his name even if he was an active KKK member.

The people at the state and federal level don't give a shit about the small population of voters in rural areas.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Y'all will note that the most vocal about Bowie are from the country and are unwilling to do anything substantial at the state or Federal level. I'll bet they aren't sheepish about accepting the services that Bowie tax money pays for. Have you gotten a bill for paving that road or putting in that light lately?

I'm done with them in this thread. It's like trying to communicate with the dead - as bad as trying to make a pro-2A point with O'Malley.

Me, I'm staying and will keep trying to improve things, even though I could sell out and move in with my daughter in Texas in no time. Because sometimes it's necessary to do what you don't like for the betterment of the future.

Good onya!

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

:lol::lol2:stay in the hood, it wont bother us poor old dumb country folks.

and let us poor old dumb country folks know when yall have your reps straight, then maybe something will change in md, I wont hold my breath though.

this is the same kinda bs you hear from nova Virginians when they talk to what they consider people less than them, country folks. kinda sad.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

Hopefully your get over your holier than thou complex and get off your soapbox.
    Why don't you come on out this way and see how much of your precious Bowie tax dollars we get. Troll on brother, troll on.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's

You'd do well to note that we voted out our "D's" and voted in conservative "R's" that are fighting for/against (depending on your view) the very things we are talking about here.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    You'd do well to note that we voted out our "D's" and voted in conservative "R's" that are fighting for/against (depending on your view) the very things we are talking about here.

central md doesn't give a shit about what we do any more than GA does. I guess our reps aren't state reps since we don't do anything at the state level, and if they would quit voting for stenny we could get rid him! oh well, us dumb ole country bumpkins don't need that troll anyway. kinda funny, my people came here in the 1600's , before bowie was even thought about, and we didn't starve? how is that possible, lol.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I'm waiting for the sheriffs of mid-Maryland to take the courageous and might I say correct position re firearms that the Federick and easern shore sheriffs take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom