SB0281 - Firearm Safety Act of 2013 (aka, AWB)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I propose a call to arms... can MDS send out a mass mail to all members? Get everyone up to speed and ask that they email their reps????

Nick29

MD expat
    Jan 17, 2007
    Suffolk, VA
    I haven't lived in MD for a year and a half, but I grew up in Laurel and lived there until I came to VA. Most of my family and friends are still there.

Fwiw, I just sent out a bunch of emails and have been encouraging the people I can who live in MD to do the same. Hopefully it helps you guys.

aht2131

Aug 5, 2011
    I usually try not to involve myself too much into the dishonest and degenerate activity of politics but this is getting too out of hand. Sent my emails.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    But would I be able to keep the 20 round detachable mags as well? As I read it, I can own one just can't manufacturer, sell, transfer, purchase, blah, blah, blah. I'm thinking so. I am real reluctant to give this state any personal information, not sure what ill do if this passes. Dodo the state police back this because everyone I've known does not!

Does it really matter at this moment? How about you worry about that (you) later and get in the fight with all of us NOW!

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    We must do everything we can to prevent this from passing, but if this really does pass regardless of our efforts, mass non-compliance must be the response IMHO!

kjp1231

May 17, 2009
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Before this bill can come to vote in the Senate it has to make it out of the Judicial Committee first right?

If the Senators below are on the committee do we know where each stands on 2nd amendment?

Judicial Proceedings Committee (JPR)
    2 East, Miller Senate Building, Annapolis, MD 21401 (410-841-3623 Annapolis/Baltimore or 301-858-3623 Washington, D.C.)

Chair: Brian E. Frosh
    Vice Chair: Lisa A. Gladden

Senators:
    James Brochin
    Joseph M. Getty
    Jennie M. Forehand
    Nancy Jacobs
    C. Anthony Muse
    Jamie Raskin
    Christopher B. Shank
    Norman R. Stone, Jr.
    Bobby Zirkin

Committee Staff:
    Assistant to Chair: Telephone:
    Jamie Raskin Christopher B. Shank Norman R. Stone, Jr. Bobby Zirkin
    Susan H. Russell and Shirleen M. Pilgrim Dept. of Legislative Services
    Lynn Hudson
    410-946-55350 or 301-970-5350

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I have never joined any group and I have always been an independent. However, I just joined NRA, MSI, and SAF 2 nights ago. Changed my affiliation to Democrat last night so I can vote against idiots in the primaries, and now I in the process of emailing/calling these POS.

Get off your asses and actually do something. It isn't enough to bitch and whine on a website. Make the small effort to kill this bill.

wrc

unexpected T_STRING in
    May 31, 2012
    AACO
    Follow-ups

A few of the off-committee Senators I called early today had "no opinion" because the text of the bill had not yet been publicized. I will be following up tomorrow to take their temperature.

Honestly, I don't know if this helps. I am a recent transplant to MD, and am a bit adrift.

Back in my home state of IL, I was plugged in to where I needed to put the money to make my voice heard. I would appreciate guidance for how that works in MD.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    Send my e-mails just to get opposition on the record. I'll contact my Senator's office personally this week to get a feel where he stands. I will be at the Judiciary committee hearings.

Matt

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    We must do everything we can to prevent this from passing, but if this really does pass regardless of our efforts, mass non-compliance must be the response IMHO!

There is zippy chance I will register a single weapon in my home. Aside from the mass emails and phone calls, which I have my doubts on yet I continue, at what point do we take this up a notch? I know being there feb 8 but there needs to be more. At what point do we say enough is enough and become a little more vocal over this?

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    A few of the off-committee Senators I called early today had "no opinion" because the text of the bill had not yet been publicized. I will be following up tomorrow to take their temperature.

Honestly, I don't know if this helps. I am a recent transplant to MD, and am a bit adrift.

Back in my home state of IL, I was plugged in to where I needed to put the money to make my voice heard. I would appreciate guidance for how that works in MD.

MSI, SAF, MSRPA and the NRA.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    Many, many emails sent. On the offchance that this does pass though, would it make sense for me to preorder a stripped lower now that's due to arrive before any of this craziness would kick into effect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom