• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    When will MSI file the lawsuit?

It's truly sad that the turnout of opposition was weak on our end...

We gain an inch and they take a mile :(
    Mea Culpa, I should be killed

After getting kicked out of the SB01 hearing (while suffering from an amazingly painful fractured finger), I was unable to attend anything else in person, but was decidedly a stone in the shoe of many legislatures with emails and calls

I apologize I fell short of expectations

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys

After getting kicked out of the SB01 hearing (while suffering from an amazingly painful fractured finger), I was unable to attend anything else in person, but was decidedly a stone in the shoe of many legislatures with emails and calls

It's not Your fault amigo,You played Your part! I commend You:) Salud

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    This is the only representative that replied to my emails with a positive message, she said she would never support any additional infringements. A few others replied (all through staff) and said they would take my appeal to NOT support SB1 into consideration.

Much respect for Delegate Lauren Arikan!

Nice. Thanks for writing them and for sharing this information. SB-1 is an Ohio class train wreck. Thanks for trying to show them this.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017

Indeed you did not fall short. Thanks for all the calls and emails, and for maintaining dignity during your SB-1 hearing ejection. I believe you were wronged in that. Thank you for all your efforts and advocacy.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    When will MSI file the lawsuit?

It's truly sad that the turnout of opposition was weak on our end...

We gain an inch and they take a mile :(
    Well, we cannot file until a law is enacted and we see what we got. We will certainly file before it goes into effect on Oct. 1. That suit will cost a bundle. So keep those contributions coming.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

Off with your head! Said the Red Queen. (Just joking).

Robertjeter

May 11, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Well, we cannot file until a law is enacted and we see what we got. We will certainly file before it goes into effect on Oct. 1. That suit will cost a bundle. So keep those contributions coming.

Does the suit have any bearing on it taking effect, assuming it’s filed prior? Or would that require a judge to hear it and file some sort of injunction? Apologize if I’m way off on my lingo I am nowhere close to a lawyer. Thanks for your efforts as always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Does the suit have any bearing on it taking effect, assuming it’s filed prior? Or would that require a judge to hear it and file some sort of injunction? Apologize if I’m way off on my lingo I am nowhere close to a lawyer. Thanks for your efforts as always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Would require an injunction

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The suit has no bearing on anything until the day the law goes into effect. It will need to be filed on or after that day.

The best case scenario is a temporary restraining order (TRO) or Preliminary Injunction (PI). There is a difference, but they would keep the law from going into effect and maintain the status quo. I’m not particularly confident we will get a PI/TRO

some light reading:

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    Bumping this thread. If you have not yet contacted the members of the House Judiciary Committee to tell them to vote no on SB-1, please do so ASAP and thank you in advance!

Racinready300ex-2

Apr 10, 2020
    I haven't heard squat back from Schmidt's office. He's my Delegate, and sits on the Judiciary Committee. But he seems as inert as Bagnall, who used to represent our area prior to the last redistricting. And before that we had McConkey...Gawd, can't my neighbors vote with someone with an IQ above the 30th percentile?

I got a email back from Schmidt saying he opposed it.

garywent

Jul 30, 2022
    Baltimore
    I apologize if I missed it, but would it be good idea to start writing and emailing the new governor now, asking him to veto SB-1 if it passes and lands on his desk?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    The suit has no bearing on anything until the day the law goes into effect. It will need to be filed on or after that day.

The best case scenario is a temporary restraining order (TRO) or Preliminary Injunction (PI). There is a difference, but they would keep the law from going into effect and maintain the status quo. I’m not particularly confident we will get a PI/TRO

some light reading:

Mark is saying they'll try to stop it before it takes effect

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I apologize if I missed it, but would it be good idea to start writing and emailing the new governor now, asking him to veto SB-1 if it passes and lands on his desk?
    4tsio3.jpg

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Wes Moore- A veteran who took an oath to support and defend the US Constitution, yet obviously doesn't believe in it.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Yes. Do it. It doesn't cost anything but a minute of your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom