• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    I saw a sign in On Target last Thursday that they were hiring. I'm sure it's not a record salary, but something to consider.

DomiNATE

Trololol
    Jun 10, 2009
    Howard County
    Man I tried for months to get a job there a year or 2 ago when they had the help wanted sign up on the door. The manager (nice guy) kept saying the owner was away or unavailable and blah blah blah, that went on for a few months until the position was filled lol. Oh well.

In retrospect, glad it never happened. Hopefully somebody here with a decent amount of firearm knowledge will get hired there. Not that it really matters because I don't shop there, just shoot. They're nice people but they don't really seem like 'gun people'.

rvanrens

Jun 27, 2010
    Adamstown, MD
    That shop is horrible. I would not reccomend my enemies to shop/work there.

Really? I think that the range is pretty good; very easy to use and friendly to new shooters. I took my wife there for her first "day out", and it was a very good experience.

Haven't bought anything other than targets and ammo there, though.

The staff were friendly, helpful, and not weird. With a new shooter, that's important.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    There are knowledgable people there and then there are people who are learning the hobby . Just understand when you work there you do not have all the fun an games you think you might have working in that enviorment . YOu will run into people who know nothing to those who think they know it all including the law . The place can be alot of fun But you will understand finally what its liek ot be on the otherside of the counter .

As for cobra who knows what his issue is ..

Integrity

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    I had a very nice experience buying from On Target. At the time I didn't know my ass from a hole in the ground. Looking back, I'm grateful for the patience the sales folks showed me.

LeeMD

Dec 10, 2010
    Howard County
    Personally, I like On Target but I have only been there twice. Staff seems very friendly, but had to wait 10-15 minutes to get some help. Other than that, No problems.

Josey Wales

Aug 4, 2010
    You Guys got it all wrong,

They know people like us would pay THEM to let us work there.

Its just like when I worked security at a VERY well known strip joint in the Curtis bay area.........

The owner came to us one day and said he was cutting our pay in half just a few weeks after he added College night. It became very busy on those nights. He said that he had so many people tell him that they would work there for free he could not pass it up. I was not surprised because most of them were there all the time anyway. We laughed for a minute because we were about to ask for a pay raise because of the amount of fights that occurred there on that night.

I just laughed, said good luck to him and walked away. When he told the new workers they could not drink while working it lasted about a month before they walked.

So, if On Target hires me, gives me unlimited ammo and let me shoot on my break (must have 3 per shift) I will gladly work for free !

:)

- JW.

MPSP100

Nov 26, 2007
    Baltimore
    That shop is horrible. I would not reccomend my enemies to shop/work there.

Couldn't agree more with you, and when I had to go there to requalify, it just reminded me how much I hate that place. I find it so funny that police officers that are off-duty, or anyone with a handgun permit can't go inside armed. You have got to be kidding me, and that's why I go to Continental to shoot. All I gotta do is show my credentials, because all they wanna know is that I am armed, and allowed to do so.

MPSP100

Nov 26, 2007
    Baltimore
    You Guys got it all wrong,

They know people like us would pay THEM to let us work there.

Its just like when I worked security at a VERY well known strip joint in the Curtis bay area.........

The owner came to us one day and said he was cutting our pay in half just a few weeks after he added College night. It became very busy on those nights. He said that he had so many people tell him that they would work there for free he could not pass it up. I was not surprised because most of them were there all the time anyway. We laughed for a minute because we were about to ask for a pay raise because of the amount of fights that occurred there on that night.

I just laughed, said good luck to him and walked away. When he told the new workers they could not drink while working it lasted about a month before they walked.

So, if On Target hires me, gives me unlimited ammo and let me shoot on my break (must have 3 per shift) I will gladly work for free !

:)

- JW.

Club owners are idiots for the most part. I worked various club scenes, but the funniest would be a large dance club in the Baltimore City. Clown wanted to pay me $10 an hour to carry my weapon, and said if I was "serious" about working there he would give me more. I literally laughed from his office to my truck, and most of the way home.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    Couldn't agree more with you, and when I had to go there to requalify, it just reminded me how much I hate that place. I find it so funny that police officers that are off-duty, or anyone with a handgun permit can't go inside armed. You have got to be kidding me, and that's why I go to Continental to shoot. All I gotta do is show my credentials, because all they wanna know is that I am armed, and allowed to do so.

NO THIS IS NOT TRUE .....

If you are legally allowed to carry you are allowed ot have it on in the store ..

The sign is for those who are coming into shoot .. you can not bring a loaded firearm into shoot ..

So please get your facts right .. do not assume ...

MPSP100

Nov 26, 2007
    Baltimore
    NO THIS IS NOT TRUE .....

If you are legally allowed to carry you are allowed ot have it on in the store ..

The sign is for those who are coming into shoot .. you can not bring a loaded firearm into shoot ..

So please get your facts right .. do not assume ...

No assumptions, facts are, or atleast were right on the front door.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Last time I went On Target I was wearing assless chaps and 2 sixguns. I was spinning my guns running up in peoples faces, saying "we crossed?".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom