• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    But, if you're worried that the Post-Office has maybe lost your form before it even got to Sanners, you can contact either Gary Ramey (gramey at dcscorp.com) or John Mountjoy (mountjoyjw@yahoo.com) to check. Note that, of the number of folks who have done this so far this year, everyone was in good shape.

my renewal sent on the 4th hasn't arrived yet.

when I joined they lost my first copy also, and I handed it directly to the guy so he could walk it over to the PO box.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Two responded with contact info....50% error rate.

Krucam - Streetgang - papi4baby - Kohburn.....I'm calling you out!:D

Seriously, send me your info, I want to get this thing fixed.

On the renewal front, we are in the home stretch with less than 25% having sent in their renewals.

You can expect your 2010-2011 credentials to be sent to you within the first week or so of May. Combination at the gate will be changed on the 15th. Just sit tight and be confident that you'll get your stuff by the 15th.

For those on the waiting list, hit me with a PM and I"ll let you know where you are. We typically take around 75 each year. We are way over 100 at this point.

TR

PM sent...Missed this until today..I know excuses excuses.

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    Oh Boy............... I sent my payment in on the 16th of March and have been waiting for the ID Card to come in (which I'm not worried about) because the people who do this at Sanners always do a great job considering all of the work they have to do, and the few people they have to get it done!

My problem arose yesterday when I was informed by the Huntingtown Post Office they had a truck fire where some mail and packages were lost in the process. I can't help but wonder if this possibly could have burned up on the 5th when they say they had their fire?

Time will tell.............

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    "My problem arose yesterday when I was informed by the Huntingtown Post Office they had a truck fire where some mail and packages were lost in the process. I can't help but wonder if this possibly could have burned up on the 5th when they say they had their fire?"

Saltydog -- please e-mail either gramey@dcscorp.com or mountjoyjw@yahoo.com with your info and we'll check on this for you. DO NOT WAIT until after 30APR 'cause then you might be screwed. Right now we have planty of time to fix this, in the event that your renewal was burned-up.

Note that we print-out the cards in a few batches and won't mail 'em out until early May. Also, you do not generally hear back from SLSC about your renewal unless it is somehow gooned-up and we need you to fix it. But we're always glad to check for you to remove any worries about the unlikely event that it was lost in the mail.

RosadoSM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 27, 2005
    King George, VA
    Anyone received their renewal? Check cashed? I'm a no in both categories.....

Haven't received the new card yet, but my check was cashed on the 30th of March... My understanding is that the new cards are due out in the next few weeks... I also understand that the gate code will change on the 15th of this month... so I would expect all the cards to be mailed before then...

Papi4baby

WWJBD
    May 10, 2009
    California
    Anyone received their renewal? Check cashed? I'm a no in both categories.....

Haven't received the new card yet, but my check was cashed on the 30th of March... My understanding is that the new cards are due out in the next few weeks... I also understand that the gate code will change on the 15th of this month... so I would expect all the cards to be mailed before then...

Just got a reply.

I was told due to masive ammount of paperwork everything will be sent out on the 5th of this month.

Braddbdl

Fed up Libertarian
    Mar 30, 2010
    Oviedo, FL

Uh-Oh, my check hasn't been cashed yet! :ohnoes: I truly don't know what I would do if my renewal didn't go through... :omg: I need my lead fix at least once a week, preferably twice!

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Well Crap. I have not looked at this thread in a long time, but based on comments I just checked my bank account and the check I mailed has not been cashed. :mad54:
    Sent my renewal application and check in well in advance, but it seems that I may be out of luck.

CWood

May 2, 2011
    S.MD
    This looks like a great place the belong to. I'm going to the event next Saturday. It looks like it is hard to get into?

PaulK

Jan 18, 2009
    Huntingtown, MD USA
    This looks like a great place the belong to. I'm going to the event next Saturday. It looks like it is hard to get into?

I assume you mean the High Power event on 14 May. So do you mean the match is hard to get into or the club or the property?

The more the merrier to get into the match. Seriously if these HP events are to take hold we need people to attend.

The club isn't that hard to get into - at least I don't think it is, but it one of the only in the area (I think the next closest is up near Waldorf and there is no range in Calvert Co.).

The property is easy to get to - at the end of Sanners Drive off of Great Mills Road.

I just remembered that there is something this Sunday 8 May - a little clinic about how to do HP. I can't come but again the more the merrier.

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    Well Crap. I have not looked at this thread in a long time, but based on comments I just checked my bank account and the check I mailed has not been cashed. :mad54:
    Sent my renewal application and check in well in advance, but it seems that I may be out of luck.

The people at Sanners are dealing with 500 members renewing their Memberships, it's quite a lot to deal with. It's all Volunteer, they do this in their free time as most if not all have jobs and Families they still have to deal with.

If you got your stuff in on time, I wouldn't worry about it. I've heard the new cards will be mailed sometime this week. Until such time you can still use the old code at the entrance.

Oh, my check hasn't been cashed either, but that doesn't mean they don't have our Membership Cards ready to go out.

CWood

May 2, 2011
    S.MD
    The High Power event is the one. It appeared that the club itself is hard to join and that it seems like a great place to shoot, gather and compete.
    I will check out the sunday info class.

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    I assume you mean the High Power event on 14 May. So do you mean the match is hard to get into or the club or the property?

The more the merrier to get into the match. Seriously if these HP events are to take hold we need people to attend.

The club isn't that hard to get into - at least I don't think it is, but it one of the only in the area (I think the next closest is up near Waldorf and there is no range in Calvert Co.).

The property is easy to get to - at the end of Sanners Drive off of Great Mills Road.

I just remembered that there is something this Sunday 8 May - a little clinic about how to do HP. I can't come but again the more the merrier.

The one in Waldorf (St. Charles Sportsmen's) lost their outdoor range. According to the web site, they are working on getting a new rifle range. So, that leaves Sanner's Lake as the nearest outdoor/rifle range for me, and that's 30-45 minutes away depending on traffic down 5/235.

PaulK

Jan 18, 2009
    Huntingtown, MD USA
    The one in Waldorf (St. Charles Sportsmen's) lost their outdoor range. According to the web site, they are working on getting a new rifle range. So, that leaves Sanner's Lake as the nearest outdoor/rifle range for me, and that's 30-45 minutes away depending on traffic down 5/235.

I feel your pain. I live in Huntingtown so the commute for me is 45-50 minutes. Lately I've been going after work from Pax, or taking off an hour early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom