• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Did you receive an email that you were on the approved member list? I believe the instructions indicated that you should NOT send in the money with your application until you got a notice that you were G_T_GO. It will be returned to you if not.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Did you receive an email that you were on the approved member list? I believe the instructions indicated that you should NOT send in the money with your application until you got a notice that you were G_T_GO. It will be returned to you if not.

I'm a current member renewing my application not a new member. The previous 2 years I've just mailed a check/MO and got a envelop with new card in it. Did they change the procedure?

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Well, at least I'm not the only one waiting. Sent my renewal in about two weeks ago, no card yet. Worrying.

PaulK

Jan 18, 2009
    Huntingtown, MD USA
    They don't send out the cards until it's close to the deadline. Same thing happened last year. I looked ay my account online and my check dated 13 Feb just cleared my checking account on 30 March.

May 13, 2005
    Walked mine into the Lexington park post office thinking I could save a stamp. PPFFFFFTTT! They made me buy a stamp so the USPS guy could walk it over to the PO box. Grrr.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS

I've never gotten ANY emails or news letters.

I sent my renewal form in with a check and self address stamped envelope

Oh and I can't go to the club meetings on thursdays because my wife works late mon and thurs and I have to watch my kid

Tree Rat

Always a good target
    May 20, 2005
    Hey guys send me a PM if you did not recieve an electronic or snail mail copy of the recent news letter. If your contact information has changed over the membership year, please forward that as it ocurrs. The data base will reflect information you provided at your initial application and each renewal.

TR

Still plenty of complaints......but no takers.

TR

Tree Rat

Always a good target
    May 20, 2005
    Two responded with contact info....50% error rate.

Krucam - Streetgang - papi4baby - Kohburn.....I'm calling you out!:D

Seriously, send me your info, I want to get this thing fixed.

On the renewal front, we are in the home stretch with less than 25% having sent in their renewals.

You can expect your 2010-2011 credentials to be sent to you within the first week or so of May. Combination at the gate will be changed on the 15th. Just sit tight and be confident that you'll get your stuff by the 15th.

For those on the waiting list, hit me with a PM and I"ll let you know where you are. We typically take around 75 each year. We are way over 100 at this point.

TR

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    S:LSC Newsletter & Renewal Form

Gents --

A bit more info for clarification on the issues raised herein:

SLSC Newsletters: Admittedly, SLSC has been kinda lame in the newsletter department over the past couple years. We are trying to rectify this problem and aim to put-out newsletters on a quarterly basis*.
    The first attachement is the February newsletter that went-out to all members via e-mail or (if they did not have an e-mail account in the membership database) via snail-mail. We only got 4 e-mail bounce-backs and we tried to contact each bounce-back via phone (not always successfully). If you did not get this newsletter one way or the other, please do as Treerat requested and contact the BoD so that we can fix our database.

Renewal Forms: The second attachment is an updated membership form. Note that the old forms can still be used and are perfectly valid. But many folks are uncertain of this (the date at the top of the old form inaccurately implies otherwise). We will change the forms on the website.
    Membership renewal reminders have not historically been sent-out via letters. The renewal cycle is well-known (just like Christmas comes every 25DEC, the SLSC annual renewal cycle ends at 30APR) and the only traditional reminder has been a big sign at the front-gate. We're trying harder this year with gate-signs, 2 newsletters, and website reminders. If you've sent-in a renewal and have not heard back, that is a good thing -- we only contact you if your renewal is somehow hosed-up. But, if you're worried that the Post-Office has maybe lost your form before it even got to Sanners, you can contact either Gary Ramey (gramey at dcscorp.com) or John Mountjoy (mountjoyjw@yahoo.com) to check. Note that, of the number of folks who have done this so far this year, everyone was in good shape.

We also have hard-copies of both the newletter and renewal forms at the front-gate of the Club. They're in waterproof envelopes posted on the front-gate bulletin-board.

Website Presence: The new BoD that came on late last year definitely wants to improve the website, but just what that means exactly is still TBD. We're focused right now on renewals, but after the May timeframe (when the dust from the renewal cycle has settled), we can hopefully address these issues.

Best regards & hope this info helps

* Another newsletter is scheduled for release ~15APR. It will also include the latest/greatest renewal form. JWM

Attachments

• SLSC 20Feb2011Newsletter (R2).pdf
      931.9 KB · Views: 64
    • SLSC Renewal Form (Revised MAR2011).pdf
      272.6 KB · Views: 95

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso