• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    Ask the police chief how the war on drugs has gone?

- New and strong types of drugs (PCP, extacy, meth, really good weed...)
    - Drug wars in Mexico and the border states
    - Billions spent on fighting it over the decades

To just name a few

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Ask the police chief how the war on drugs has gone?

- New and strong types of drugs (PCP, extacy, meth, really good weed...)
    - Drug wars in Mexico and the border states
    - Billions spent on fighting it over the decades

To just name a few

But banning alcohol worked really well. So at least they have that business model to follow.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Another disgrace to the profession I retired from. People need to understand that police chiefs like these guys are hacks, just political appointees who are there because they will be good little doggies and do and say what their political masters tell them to without question. Same way in Maryland with all of these county chiefs and the MSP superintendent all getting behind O'Malley. Of course they're going to agree with the politicians they work for, it beats the unemployment line (at least for men without ethics it does anyway). I mean for instance, if Kevin Kamanetz told Chief Johnson to say the world was flat, he'd be on the news the next day with a frantic warning to all Baltimore County boat owners not to accidentally sail over the edge.

Unfortunately, most merit promotions for police officers in this state seem to stop somewhere around the lieutenant level, give or take a step depending what department you're talking about. Beyond that, it becomes politics. I use to see it all the time. Captains and Majors and Chiefs with MPA's from the Hopkins LE program (another joke program that deserves its own thread) who could barely write a readable paragraph or piece together two cognitive thoughts into any form of logical reason, and absolutely no clue whatsoever how to manage, let alone lead, other people. But they did know how to jump up and say "yes sir you're absolutely right" to their bosses without fail.

saln

Dec 28, 2008
    Best of luck to you there "buddy". I'll be looking for your kind...

I'd say he kind of spilled the beans.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    They are so embolden these days aren't they.

****Unfortunately, they have the overwhelming majority of the media to help them with establishing the narrative that guns are evil, guns kill people, guns never help a person defend themselves from criminals, and guns should only be used by police and the military.

I know a lot of people in MoCo that would be very much for mandatory confiscation of all firearms from civilians. Even more amazing to me is that some are Jewish and old enough to know or have read about how that confiscation turned out for their people in Germany during the rise of Hitler.

Madness.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Another public servant who thinks it his duty to dictate to those he serves what to think.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The police in most cities are out numbered 1000 to 1. This would be interesting. Good luck with that. :P

I was just thinking the same thing. It takes much less than a generation to disarm tyrants....

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Let him start with a group of guys across the bay on the silver strand. See how far that gets him.

Sent from my phone from somewhere in the world.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Unfortunately, most merit promotions for police officers in this state seem to stop somewhere around the lieutenant level, give or take a step depending what department you're talking about. Beyond that, it becomes politics. I use to see it all the time. Captains and Majors and Chiefs with MPA's from the Hopkins LE program (another joke program that deserves its own thread) who could barely write a readable paragraph or piece together two cognitive thoughts into any form of logical reason, and absolutely no clue whatsoever how to manage, let alone lead, other people. But they did know how to jump up and say "yes sir you're absolutely right" to their bosses without fail.

Wait, you retired from my Department? I'll make Lt, but I'll spend the next 20 years there as the ambitious and demographically correct JHU kids run the show.

Now, I will say that something I'm seeing here in the post Sandy Hook days is a change in rhetoric. The gun banners learned a lot from the gay marriage folks about public opinion. They're going to attempt to divide the opposition, label the opposition and instead of surging through one big bill it will be constant pressure applied relentlessly for years. Always a new bill, always another hit piece in the media, always a safe democrat ready to call for more action. They've learned, they're talking about "changing the conversation" and they mean it.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Another disgrace to the profession I retired from. People need to understand that police chiefs like these guys are hacks, just political appointees who are there because they will be good little doggies and do and say what their political masters tell them to without question. Same way in Maryland with all of these county chiefs and the MSP superintendent all getting behind O'Malley. Of course they're going to agree with the politicians they work for, it beats the unemployment line (at least for men without ethics it does anyway). I mean for instance, if Kevin Kamanetz told Chief Johnson to say the world was flat, he'd be on the news the next day with a frantic warning to all Baltimore County boat owners not to accidentally sail over the edge.

Hopkins....man, you read my mind.

Pumping out Masters degrees like a Pez dispenser.

All group projects, classes two days a week for a year or so, I have worked with a few of those diploma mill commanders...:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom