• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeip24

Jan 14, 2012
    Baltimore
    I have been kicking around the idea of setting up a nano tank. I am new to the area does anyone know of good fish shops around Baltimore? Any info will help
    Thanks
    Jon

Anthony C

Nov 13, 2008
    Bel Air
    Check out nano-reef.com

I had a 12 gallon nano cube for about 2 years
    fts.jpg

The best shop in the area was exotic aquatics, but they went out of business. There is a new store in timonium and I heard they may be affiliated.

I have a 20l setup that I would consider selling if you are interested

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    If you do not mind the drive, there is The Fish Place in Lancaster. Place is pretty huge.

Good for dry goods, livestock quality has plummeted over the years.

House of Tropicals in Glenn Burnie is probably the best around these days. They are my current choice local fish store, good quality, disease free fish. Havent done a reef in years but their marine stock looks pretty decent as well.

Aquarium Depot in Randallstown used to be ok but last time I was up there it was a mess. Maybe an anomally but havent been back.

randyho

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2009
    Not His Happy Place
    My most successful tank was a 20L set up with a 10g sump. Much bigger and lighting gets very expensive, much smaller and keeping temp and chemistry stable becomes a challenge. The sump hid all the mechanicals, too.

Jeip24

Jan 14, 2012
    Baltimore
    I just checked out Toms tropical. There wasnt anything tropical about that place. Aquarium depot was alright. A lot of empty shelves and tanks though. I stopped into house of tropics yesterday. I will probably end up buying my tank rock and water from them.

I am still debating on going with a nano tank or setting up a 20 gallon with my own filter and lighting. Does anyone have and experience with either set up?

jeff7457

Apr 18, 2010
    House of Tropicals is a nice place for stock but I would watch their pricing on dry goods. I was in the hunt for a new pond filter and they wanted almost double of what I paid at another local vendor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom