• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Curious if anyone has one for a normal price? A friend was interested in one at a not price-gouged price if he could find one. I'm trying to persuade him to get one of these instead of another semi. :D

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Good choice, though I havent seen one in a while.

I took mine out last weekend (converted by Clandestine with an ACE stock) and it was awesome fun with a MD Arms drum. Hicupped a little on Walmart birdshot but few guns dont, the cheap Rem-buckshot ran great and the Centurion "ball and buckshot" ran flawless and was super fun.

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    Whats Normal? I paid $499 for mine a couple years ago. They are not no where normal priced anymore due to import prices. I remember when I first saw the Saigas they were going for $299. Bummer I pasted on them then. Saiga 12 are now going for $799. $850 at Hafers is a fair deal unless you can fine one on Gunbroker.com....

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I was at Engage Armament earlier today and I think I caught a glimpse of an S12 on the wall. Not in the market for another so I didn't look closely, or check the price. Give 'em a call on Tuesday...they're closed Monday's.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Good choice, though I havent seen one in a while.

I took mine out last weekend (converted by Clandestine with an ACE stock) and it was awesome fun with a MD Arms drum. Hicupped a little on Walmart birdshot but few guns dont, the cheap Rem-buckshot ran great and the Centurion "ball and buckshot" ran flawless and was super fun.

If I built that then bring it by the shop. Ill make it eat that ammo if I converted it. Unless the owner opted for a budget build it should eat everything. I used to offer budget builds to make my service more affordable but it resulted in less than perfection so I stopped offering them for that reason. I do it right or not at all.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    If I built that then bring it by the shop. Ill make it eat that ammo if I converted it. Unless the owner opted for a budget build it should eat everything. I used to offer budget builds to make my service more affordable but it resulted in less than perfection so I stopped offering them for that reason. I do it right or not at all.

Ill shoot you a PM, it only didnt like really cheap bird shot and I am not sure its fully broken in yet either. Honestly I didnt expect it to run at all on that cheap low-brass low-dram crud from wally world stuff and never really jammed just didnt fully eject so I had to clear it.

Its fantastic workmanship on the conversion and you obviously spent a lot of time polishing the bolt and working the action, extremely smooth even the trigger is good.

I didnt mean this post as an insult, I actually meant it as a compliment as that stuff jams just about every other semi I have (I mean really jams!) not enough punch (they are about half the recoil of even the cheap remington buckshot).

Last edited:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Ill shoot you a PM, it only didnt like really cheap bird shot and I am not sure its fully broken in yet either. Honestly I didnt expect it to run at all on that cheap low-brass low-dram crud from wally world stuff and never really jammed just didnt fully eject so I had to clear it.

Its fantastic workmanship on the conversion and you obviously spent a lot of time polishing the bolt and working the action, extremely smooth even the trigger is good.

I didnt mean this post as an insult, I actually meant it as a compliment as that stuff jams just about every other semi I have (I mean really jams!) not enough punch (they are about half the recoil of even the cheap remington buckshot).

No insult taken my friend. I stand behind my work and I strive to make my S12 conversions run cheap ammo so people can have fun blasting. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom