• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    So... now that I'm the proud owner of a Saiga 12, I'm curious what my options are when it comes to feeding the beast. Unfortunately, the vast majority of those options are made by Promag... yuck. Probably the one I've heard the most about are MD Arms' drums, but they're pricey and given that I've seen a couple bad reviews, I'm curious if they're worth it. There also seem to be ten million variations on the "plastic 5-12 round magazine" and I'm not sure which are worth the price and which are junk.

Any recommendations?

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    I have the AGP mags and they have worked fine for me.

I also have a MD Arms drum and it works fine too.

DGI

Jan 19, 2010
    Reisterstown MD
    Congrats on your purchase!

My MD Arms 20 rounder is great... .I got lucky and ordered two when they first released them for $50 a piece. Sold one off a couple months back for $240 right before they re-released them :) Not sure what they sell for now...

Factory style mags also work pretty well but im not sure of manufacturer. The guys are RandR Targets seem to have alot of luck with the single stack mags.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Congrats on your purchase!

My MD Arms 20 rounder is great... .I got lucky and ordered two when they first released them for $50 a piece. Sold one off a couple months back for $240 right before they re-released them :) Not sure what they sell for now...

Factory style mags also work pretty well but im not sure of manufacturer. The guys are RandR Targets seem to have alot of luck with the single stack mags.

Profiteer! Profiteer! Get the tar and feathers! Just kidding, of course. Given that MD Arms was having some trouble at the time, I know that there were doubts as to whether they'd ever resume production.

There's a bunch on Gunbroker for $125 shipped and MD Arms is offering them on their website for $125 + shipping. Worth it?

I love your Avatar, BTW.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    SGM for stick mags, and MD Arms for the 20 rd drum. Get the drum directly from MD Arms site. IIRC, they send you all three covers with each drum, clear, smoke and black.

As a Saiga 12 owner myself, be sure to get involved in the Saiga 12 forum. Spend LOTS of time learning.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    MD arms drums work fine, takes a little fitting due to the variance in Saiga's but with a little patience.

Also not that pricey but i havent looked lately.

Only complaint I have is its hard to get seated in the gun but that is due largely to the shotgun round pushing up agains the bolt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom