• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    3rd...Do we have an idea how the shifts will work? Is it like 8-12 and 12-4 or something? That would help me in determining what available days and times I can sign up for.

Yes, we will be running one RSO for each range, pistol and rifle. The shifts will be Saturday and Sunday 9-12, 12-3 and 3-6. These will be the winter hours and we will add a 6-9 shift when summer gets here. I hope by that time we will have more volunteers trained as well.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Yes, we will be running one RSO for each range, pistol and rifle. The shifts will be Saturday and Sunday 9-12, 12-3 and 3-6. These will be the winter hours and we will add a 6-9 shift when summer gets here. I hope by that time we will have more volunteers trained as well.

I wonder what you guys think about 4.5 hr shifts right now in the winter. wouldn't need to pull as many days that way.

Evil Twin

Jun 13, 2009
    Plain cheese pizza is good with me. As for the length of the shifts, I don't mind either way. Since they are being broken up into 3 hour time slots, I was planning to do a couple of shifts each time I'm needed at the range.

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind

Working 8-4 every weekend hangs me up a little on the winter weekend schedule. I could be there by 4:30. A 6-9 during the summer will def not be a problem.

ENSF

Nov 22, 2008
    Met with ENSF today and toured the facilities, the classroom area is very nice and we should have a good class there. The vests have been ordered as well as the megaphones. We have agreed upon a schedule and we will be scheduling from the weekend after thanksgiving out to the first weekend in February, so be prepared with your schedules to sign up for a couple time slots. We will also need alternates for any given weekend in case someone gets sick or has a family emergency.

There are some things that will be discussed at the class that I can not discuss here, but you guys will be very happy, trust me. ENSF has been working very hard to get this program ok'd by the powers that be and I hope we can show the powers that be that we as shooters can and will step up to the plate to protect our fellow shooters. The training facility was very easy to find as well.

What would be some things that most of us like on our pizza?
    It was a very productive meeting. We have outlined details and I will be at the class to go over specifics. This is a strongly supported program by this facility and the local supervisor. Once the SOG's are in place, this should be pilot program for other public ranges if deemed appropriate. I am truly appreciative of all of the support the shooting community has shown over the last month especially to those willing to give of their time.

Fire-4-Effect

Aug 3, 2008
    Frederick, Md
    ATTENTION ALL CLASS ATTENDEES...

Everyone who has confirmed that they will be attending the course will need to now register online as follows:

1. Please visit: http://www.nrainstructors.org/
    2. Click on the "Find a course" link at the top of the page
    3. Place a check mark in the class named "NRA Range Safety Officer Course"
    4. Enter the zip code "21901"
    5. Change the "mile Radius" to 10
    6. Click "Search"
    7. Click the "Click for details" section for the RSO class being held in North East.
    8. Click the "Signup for the class" button

Please complete the form in full. MAKE SURE you include your middle name if you have one.

Summary of class costs:

- $22.55 Cost of class and materials. Payment should be made to 3rdRcn. (Mandatory, however, email Terry if you cannot come up with this)

- $26.00 for NRA members and $36 for non NRA members to register your certification with the NRA and receive a wallet sized card and certificate in the mail. We will accept check, cash or credit card. Payable to the NRA. (Optional)

- $25 to join or renew NRA membership. We will accept check, cash or credit card. Payable to the NRA. (Optional).

All payments are due on the day of class.

PM 3rdRcn or myself with questions.

Thanks!

Phil

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Everyone who has confirmed that they will be attending the course will need to now register online as follows:

1. Please visit: http://www.nrainstructors.org/
    2. Click on the "Find a course" link at the top of the page
    3. Place a check mark in the class named "NRA Range Safety Officer Course"
    4. Enter the zip code "21901"
    5. Change the "mile Radius" to 10
    6. Click "Search"
    7. Click the "Click for details" section for the RSO class being held in North East.
    8. Click the "Signup for the class" button

Please complete the form in full. MAKE SURE you include your middle name if you have one.

Summary of class costs:

- $22.55 Cost of class and materials. Payment should be made to 3rdRcn. (Mandatory, however, email Terry if you cannot come up with this)

- $26.00 for NRA members and $36 for non NRA members to register your certification with the NRA and receive a wallet sized card and certificate in the mail. We will accept check, cash or credit card. Payable to the NRA. (Optional)

- $25 to join or renew NRA membership. We will accept check, cash or credit card. Payable to the NRA. (Optional).

All payments are due on the day of class.

PM 3rdRcn or myself with questions.

Thanks!

Phil

DONE...again thanks for everything Phil

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I haven't been on for a while, but I am going to come to the RSO event. Thanks!!

I didn't have you down but I did order 1 extra packet so your good but the class is closed for any other folks, can't make any further exceptions because I don't have any more student packets.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    If anyone new jumps in on this thread...

Just a reminder this class is being offered to individuals who are willing to volunteer their time and talents to help monitor safety at Elk Neck.

In short... You are taking the class to be a RSO at Elk Neck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom