• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    I do see this resolved at District and not making it to the 4th, though, in the larger scheme of things, the idea is to get one of these up to SC and have it decided for the foreseeable future.

Crazy thought here....considering the defendants really did toss a few whoppers out onto the playing field in the forms of silver platters.....Perhaps Maryland was told to "take the fall" in order that they may fight some of the other cases on firmer footing?

We may not be seeing the forest for the trees. This is big stakes poker, we are merely looking at one hand, but the game (nationally) is going to go into the wee hours.

I wouldn't put it beyond the Bloombergers to tell Maryland, after they are dazed, "stay down, stay down"... "end the fight here, now!"
    Any chance of this being the case?

Perhaps I am spending too much time trying to figure out why such a poor defense has been offered?

krucam

Ultimate Member
    In all serious, in many respects this wasn't a "terrible" defense. Defendants everywhere are fighting a losing cause (so says us) and there are only so many arguments that they can present...saying you have Long Gun Open Carry to satisfy that pesky "Bear" argument...whooda thunk it?

The loser, whoever it is, will certainly appeal to the 4th...

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    In all serious, in many respects this wasn't a "terrible" defense. Defendants everywhere are fighting a losing cause (so says us) and there are only so many arguments that they can present...saying you have Long Gun Open Carry to satisfy that pesky "Bear" argument...whooda thunk it?

The loser, whoever it is, will certainly appeal to the 4th...

Mark, that is a very good point, I guess this is how it looks when they are running out of steam.
    Does the 4th have the option to look at this case and simply turn their noses up at it? Or must they hear it?

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Mark, that is a very good point, I guess this is how it looks when they are running out of steam.
    Does the 4th have the option to look at this case and simply turn their noses up at it? Or must they hear it?

They'll hear it and we'll "possibly" be in limbo...may the LC9 will be on the roster by then...:innocent0

Posted this earlier in this thread, but a good run down of the Federal Civil Courts process was written by our friends at Calguns: http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Litigation_Past_and_Present#How_the_Federal_Courts_work

krucam

Ultimate Member
    It's already completely legal

In an "Individual" sense, yes. No groups as that might qualify as a Demonstration/Rally.

We're working on getting some clarification in the apparent omission in MD's Annotated Code that goes beyond the 2009 Asst AG Letter to Delegate Warren Miller.

I would strongly suggest people refrain from "testing the waters" at this point. Trust me, I want to dive in myself!

More clarification is being sought...

In the mean time, take a look-see at MD Code § 4-208 Possession of firearm at public demonstration.:
    http://michie.lexisnexis.com/maryla...c/974e?fn=document-frame.htm&f=templates&2.0#

It is a serious Catch-22 in any organized event.

I'll be the first one to volunteer to tote an EBR at most any event ONCE I know I'm in the clear and I won't do anything to risk my clearance and job. Not before then...

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    It's already completely legal

And since it's a Civil Right, if we are harassed or arrested we can seek punitive damages? right?

I'm looking for some form of retirement income. :D

Edit: agree with Mark, we don't want anyone to be the sacrificial lamb, let's get some solid intel, first.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Well, if we actually can OC our long guns in town, I guess I'll be getting a dressier sling and maybe go back to gloss-finished scopes.

Krucam & Patrick, once again: Thank you for your help with the translations and interpretations! :bowdown: :bowdown:

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    its alright, you helped pay for my electric car (street legal golf cart) i bought in 2010. $6500 tax credit.

If I can have a ride, I'll call shotgun!! :lol2:

And now back to the Patrick & Mark Show. Otherwise known as "As the Woollard Turns", where we find AG Gansler, slumped over a cold bowl of soup, crying.

"Why are you crying AG?"
    "Because I think I just sued myself in court, and won!"

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    In an "Individual" sense, yes. No groups as that might qualify as a Demonstration/Rally.

We're working on getting some clarification in the apparent omission in MD's Annotated Code that goes beyond the 2009 Asst AG Letter to Delegate Warren Miller.

I would strongly suggest people refrain from "testing the waters" at this point. Trust me, I want to dive in myself!

More clarification is being sought...

In the mean time, take a look-see at MD Code § 4-208 Possession of firearm at public demonstration.:
    http://michie.lexisnexis.com/maryla...c/974e?fn=document-frame.htm&f=templates&2.0#

It is a serious Catch-22 in any organized event.

I'll be the first one to volunteer to tote an EBR at most any event ONCE I know I'm in the clear and I won't do anything to risk my clearance and job. Not before then...

And since it's a Civil Right, if we are harassed or arrested we can seek punitive damages? right?

I'm looking for some form of retirement income. :D

Edit: agree with Mark, we don't want anyone to be the sacrificial lamb, let's get some solid intel, first.

Whole heartedly agree! I do choose to utilize my gun rack from time to time, but that's my rural individual call. :)

This will be a later collective fight, once MD is forced to recognize the fundamental right.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    If I can have a ride, I'll call shotgun!! :lol2:

And now back to the Patrick & Mark Show. Otherwise known as "As the Woollard Turns", where we find AG Gansler, slumped over a cold bowl of soup, crying.

It's a collective effort and everyone here puts in. We just type faster than some of you.

"Why are you crying AG?"
    "Because I think I just sued myself in court, and won!"

Awesome. :lol2:

We haven't won anything yet. We're still underdogs. But I personally think it's looking more likely after seeing the defense.

gruntz03

Jan 6, 2009
    Lusby
    What are the chances that Omalley told AG Gansler to throw this fight so that the Supreme Court Case that ruins it all for the antis doesnt have Marylands name on it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom