SAF files for cert in Drake (NJ may-issue)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Hasn't it been relisted twice already?? First conference was on April 18, again on the 25th (relist) and today (relist).

The orders come out Monday, don't believe that post is news.

exactly. if it was relisted today, that woukd make it the third relist.

two more DAYS... hopefully we find out monday.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Hasn't it been relisted twice already?? First conference was on April 18, again on the 25th (relist) and today (relist).

The orders come out Monday, don't believe that post is news.

yep. some cases this term have been Re-listed 20+ times. Quite a few now have been re-listed a handful or more times.

the going theory is that all cases granted will come from the re-list pool.

The re-list watch link is from today's re-list watch.

If they were holding for Peruta, not sure why they would keep re-listing it, especially since Gore was given 14 days to respond to the court just yesterday. Some cases, like Derr v Maryland have been indefinitely postponed (initially for Apr 18th conference, not re-listed yet).

Knuckle Dragger

May 7, 2012
    Bet it gets held over while Sheriff Gore decides the fate of Peruta in California.

So yeah, three more weeks.

I'm with you. In light of today's order in Peruta I'm more convinced than ever that SCOTUS and 9CA are engaged in a staring contest. If I was actually foolish enough to put money on these things I'd bet that SCOTUS will not act on Drake until the 9th either issues a mandate in Peruta or grants en banc.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Ryan v. Hurles was re-listed AGAIN (this marks 20 times). Guess what, there's a related case in the 9th Circuit waiting for resolution. Seems to me the court IS waiting to make sure there's an official split before jumping in, and aren't shy about waiting if they have to.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Hopeful that Miller now being featured on Fox5 will help with that...she's only been there a couple days and has already had chief Lanier ducking her.

That was hilarious. Lanier looked like a female lumber jack compared to Miller.

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    Emily mistakenly credits Alan Gottlieb with funding DC versus Heller. Whoops! Otherwise awesome article. I believe it was Robert Levy of the CATO institute who privately funded Heller.

Also, to emphasis my corrected post above, there is no third re-list reported yet for Drake. That info was mistaken. Next information comes Monday as before.

Last edited:

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Checking this topic at 9:30 Monday morning has become part of my daily schedule at this point.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Bet it gets held over while Sheriff Gore decides the fate of Peruta in California.

So yeah, three more weeks.

My best guess as well. So today I'll be happy with another relist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom