• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    I moved to NJ and cancelled my C&R license. NJ law supercedes federal law and a C&R holder is treated as a FFL holder with scrutiny from the NJSP which includes NJSP inspectors at my door, so I am better off without it. I'll just have to deal with it until I find a ticket out of here.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    WOW! I don't think there is much of anything that could pursuade me to move to NJ - it's bad enough here and I've been trying to convince my wife for years that living almost anywhere ("almost" doesn't include NJ, MA, NY or CA) would be better than living here in MD.

Sorry to hear about that - it is indeed a sad day.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    When I was young, I loved living in Maryland.

The older (and coincidentally, wiser) I've gotten , the less I like it here.
    :(

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    Persuasions: job moved to Jersey and job market is pretty tight right now; employer will bail me ot of my underwater home loan.
    Yes moving here really sucks. Gun rights in Maryland are bad but much worse here. They have their own assault weapons ban; many "assault rifles" outright banned by name. Otherwise, only one of the evil features allowed: pistol grip, threaded muzzle, bayonet lug, collapseable buttstock, plus no mags over 15 rounds. No suppressors allowed. Why not ban mufflers on cars????
    NJ makes it illegal to possess a handgun outside of your home; you have to prove that an exception to the law applies to you. So basically, you are guilty until you prove your innocence in a country with a second ammendment that guarantees your right to bear arms. If a cop who doesn't know the law decides to arrest you, you have to pony up for a lawyer to get you off who may or may not be able to do it even if you're right. How f'ed up is that??
    You may own FMJ's in NJ and use them at a range, but don't get caught with them in a loaded gun in public; it is a felony per bullet. + no Castle Doctrine and I don't know what would happen if you shot an hostile intruder in your home with a HP, most likely bad things for you, after all, home invading New Jersey rapist murderers have rights too.

Last edited:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    That's that kinder, gentler New York suburbs left-wing outlook on government. Everything imaginable is against the law and everything is a felony. Liberals will help you no matter how much they have to destroy you to do it.

ThePirate

May 26, 2010
    Ringgold area
    I used to spend some time in NJ. The company I worked for had a company school near Dayton so I was there several times a year. In my view, NJ is the armpit on the nation.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    You're all just looking at this the wrong way. Perhaps the draconian laws in NJ are due to the low crime rate, and firearms are unecessary! Or perhaps the laws themselves have led to a lower crime rate by reducing the availibility of firearms to criminals! Here, I'll prove it (opens new browser, goes to Google bookmark). We go to the Justice Department website (type, type, type), dig down through the database to statistics (type, click, type), and we see that New Jerseys crime rate is.......(closes browser). Never mind. :)

OP, Sorry to hear about the job/move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom