• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr BoomStick

Jan 27, 2010
    Hagerstown
    I had Tim do a rather monumental overhaul of my s-12 new silicone steel mainspring, trigger group moved forward, Krebs safety, tang cut and, a pig nose adapter put on. I also had Tim drill my ports which were a tad off to say the least. I had the right amount of ports just not the right size, and i also had a jt engineering magwell put on. I got out to the range this week and i happened to run into a fellow s 12 shooter who let me try out the md arms 20 rd drum, very tasty. The gun fires flawlessly on the federal walmart 100 rd value pac. The wimpchester still gave me fits, but that was due to the tac 47 auto plug not being set right, i didn't find that out until i got home. I need to set it all the way closed its not a hard fix but i think i'll just avoid the wimpchester all together. I did remove the magwell as its not a true straight insertion its just a fancy rock and lock set up and it required too much force for my liking to insert the mag. Its also a pita to get the mags filed so they don't drop out of the magwell after the first shot, and also an expensive mistake. I now know why guys are so adamant about using the md arms drum, man is that some devastation. In all i am extremely happy with the guns function now and Tim did one hell of a job though my ears are still ringing. Not from the gun but from time cursing my name for bringing him the vodka special. :)

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun

Attachments

• images.jpg
      images.jpg
      7.7 KB · Views: 149

Mr BoomStick

Jan 27, 2010
    Hagerstown
    ROFL i love that set up its redneck engineering at its finest. Here is a pic i need to find a good rail for the bottom old one was wobbly. I also had a sgm tactical but-stock on but it closed was as long as the t6 from my bushmaster open all the way. I also did not like the fact that the tube on the stock was plastic and not mil spec aluminum. It broke when i removed it. I have not had good luck with surefire mags either. I do need to take some proper shots of Ivan though i may wait till i finish duracoating the gun, and mbz I'm sorry i put you through that, but Tim is one of the few people i trust to tinker on my guns.

Attachments

• micro 010.jpg
      micro 010.jpg
      41.5 KB · Views: 122

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads