• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    I'd love to run for State Delegate Elizabeth Bobo's seat in 12B, but I'd most likely just be siphoning a handful of votes from a candidate who is pro-2A and has a realistic chance of winning. Part of me though feels like if I don't even try I have no right to complain if a candidate I don't like ends up running and winning.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I have to say that going in to testify before the House Judiciary Committee a week or so ago really got me thinking about it. I have a few major problems though:

1.) I'm Republican in AA County, District 32 (although 2 of my 3 delegates are opposed to the new gun control bills)
    2.) I don't have a legit pedigree
    3.) I simply don't have the money to campaign

I'd love to be a representative of the people of the state, and I'd like to think I could make a difference, but I'm not sure how many under the table handshakes and back door deals go on - I think that the machine can take even good people and turn them into trash.

tjv4163

Jun 27, 2012
    21234 city side
    34 is a very small section. I think that just maybe if I could get support and do a grass roots thing It may be possible to get one of the 3 out. I dont even think it would cost much. Who knows.

SFbrah

ლ(ಠ_ಠ )ლ
    Jul 30, 2012
    Perry Hall, MD
    Ill be running for state delegate in legislative district 08. Used to be 2 Rs, 1 D. Since redistricting we have lost 1 Republican and the district has been slated to become more democratic (go figure).

Ill be running as a D and will create a more detailed thread after the April 9th filing date. If you want to see my half finished website, you can check it out.

www.samuelfranklin2014.com

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I have to say that going in to testify before the House Judiciary Committee a week or so ago really got me thinking about it. I have a few major problems though:

1.) I'm Republican in AA County, District 32 (although 2 of my 3 delegates are opposed to the new gun control bills)
    2.) I don't have a legit pedigree
    3.) I simply don't have the money to campaign

I'd love to be a representative of the people of the state, and I'd like to think I could make a difference, but I'm not sure how many under the table handshakes and back door deals go on - I think that the machine can take even good people and turn them into trash.
    If your serious shoot me a message id like to talk yo you.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I've thought about just because I get so infuriated at the crap that goes on in Annapolis. But I have stong 2A representatives, so I don't think it would be any help.

jelaw

Feb 6, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Considering Running District 40

Hey everyone,

I am strongly leaning to throwing my hat in the ring in 2014 for Baltimore City, District 40. All the Delegates there supported SB281, so even if I can take out one, it is an improvement. I know it will be an uphill battle, but any advise that you can give will be much appreciated. Samuel Franklin, who did you use to make your website? I agree with a lot of your platform, so if you don't mind I would like to use it as a template for mine.

Thank you everyone in advance for your support in the future.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    It depends, my family is big in the Linthicum area but I *think* that delegate was actually on our side. It sure would be interesting...running on a "let people do what they want, marry who they want, smoke what they want and tax people as little as effing possible" platform...Probably still lose.

Nixon

Jun 28, 2010
    Hey everyone,

I am strongly leaning to throwing my hat in the ring in 2014 for Baltimore City, District 40. All the Delegates there supported SB281, so even if I can take out one, it is an improvement. I know it will be an uphill battle, but any advise that you can give will be much appreciated. Samuel Franklin, who did you use to make your website? I agree with a lot of your platform, so if you don't mind I would like to use it as a template for mine.

Thank you everyone in advance for your support in the future.

PM me and I will help you.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I think all of us here agree that getting as many of the folks who voted for SB281 out of office in 2014 is and will continue to be high on all our priority lists. But as a couple of people have already mentioned, throwing our inexperienced hats into a ring that is stacked with, in many cases, seasoned weasels, er, politicians, will ultimately prove fruitless unless we find viable candidates in all the districts where trash removal is called for and we all stay involved in the election process.

The question for all of us is how to effectively do this so that it yields positive results for us. I think the fact that many of us have become DINOs will ultimately help us in our efforts because many of the sheeple voters who have not been following this travesty as intensely as we have will likely follow their political affiliations and hopefully we can get enough name recognition out there to have them vote for as many of "our" folks as we can in the process. In many cases, folks have no idea who their state senators and delegates are or who they voted for in 2010. Did you before this whole mess started? They (we) likely just voted democrat or republican and I think we can use that to our advantage in 2014 if we work together, especially in the primaries.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    Anyone on here thinking about it? Im in District 34 last election the 3 incumbents had similar numbers around 21K each..

I ran in the past in District 32. The process is simple but raising money is going to be hard and you realistically need at least 20K to run. So unless you have 20K you can afford to spend you have to raise that money at a max of 4K per person so no millionaire is going to fund your entire run unless you are the millionaire. It means a lot of 50 to 100 ticket fund raisers and you have to find people who are willing to show up and support you. At a min you will need a chairman and treasure that isn't you. The paper work isn't hard but even if your idea's are good you are going to need money to get your idea's in front of people that either takes a lot of labor (supporters) or money again supporters.

PS. Don't expect your church membership to be a lot of help I have seen people expect a lot of support from there friends at church to only find out there wasn't a lot of people who were willing to help. I saw a paster get very little support for the members of his own church.

Thanks
    Robert

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I've thought about just because I get so infuriated at the crap that goes on in Annapolis. But I have stong 2A representatives, so I don't think it would be any help.

You can always help pro-2A campaigns outside your own district. I've been looking at donor lists on the Alamo thread, and a heckuva lot of financial and other support to many of the libs comes from other libs' supporters and pacs from all over the state. Vallerio's people contributed to Dumais, etc. They're well coordinated with fundraising and helping each other. We gotta do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom