• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chucks

Sep 30, 2010
    I just got a Ruger Precision Rifle in 308 Winchester and added the Burris XTR II scope that was used in the American Rifleman test. I am posting this to warn anyone who adds the same scope that they must use extra high scope rings to clear the barrel. High rings won't work. Don't ask me how I know!
    Also, I heard that there will be an new improved version of that scope available soon.

chucks

Sep 30, 2010
    To answer pwoolford's comment about wanting pictures, unfortunately some of us have to work and can barely find the time to check this forum let alone have the time to post over 3,300 postings in 3 years like pwoolford.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    :needpics:

(you knew it was coming)

I agree!!!!!!

To answer pwoolford's comment about wanting pictures, unfortunately some of us have to work and can barely find the time to check this forum let alone have the time to post over 3,300 postings in 3 years like pwoolford.

Hold the phone!!!!!!

The way I see it...... if you have time to respond........ you gotta have time to post a pic that EVERYBODY wants to see!!!!!!

:innocent0

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

That sounds rude. Pwoolford is a great person who works hard for what he has.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh

Damn chucks it was a joke. Enjoy your day either way.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    th

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

Guess your worked on the day you were scheduled to attend Internet Manners Training as well.

BLS27

May 1, 2015
    Mt. Airy

Damn... the guy just wanted to see some pics of your new stick :sad20:

chucks

Sep 30, 2010
    Perhaps I am being too sensitive but it seems like several times in the past when I have posted something I thought might help someone out I have gotten the same "This posting is worthless without pictures". It seems to me to be rather ungrateful and not very good internet etiquette (if we want to talk about etiquette) to call someone's attempt to help others, "worthless" and to want pictures of something that is really irrelevant. I am sorry if I offended anyone but these are the reasons for my previous post.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Perhaps I am being too sensitive

You are:D The "this thread is worthless without pics" response is an ongoing meme on MANY internet forums. In all seriousness it is NOT saying the thread is worthless! Quite the contrary, the threads are usually very helpful but people are begging for pics. Its a funny way to goad the original poster into providing pictures. Please don't be offended by it. Its just good ol' internet shenanigans.

boomboom929

Dec 13, 2008
    Rockville
    You are:D The "this thread is worthless without pics" response is an ongoing meme on MANY internet forums. In all seriousness it is NOT saying the thread is worthless! Quite the contrary, the threads are usually very helpful but people are begging for pics. Its a funny way to goad the original poster into providing pictures. Please don't be offended by it. Its just good ol' internet shenanigans.

Only law enforcement and military should requests pics...:deadhorse:

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I entered this thread cause I wanted to see pics of the Ruger Precision Rifle. Then read he had a Burris XTR II on it and got more excited. Then found out no pics and an attitude with it. Lame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom