• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    I have had both in 4" stainless. For me, the Security Six was the keeper. Also had, and sold, a S&W model 27 and a model 28 - but kept my model 65. Guess I'm just not the large frame 357 type.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    My dream gun (the next one I'll buy one day before I die) is a stainless GP100. There's no fun I want more.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Boy I feel lucky. At the last gun show at the Upper Marlboro arena, I bought a 6" SS GP-100 for $375.00 in the case and it may have been shot 10 times. Do still kick myself in the arse for selling a great SS 4" Security Six but the guy offered me $500.00 cash for it. Both guns performed great, never regretted choosing the Ruger's over the S&Ws.

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    Boy I feel lucky. At the last gun show at the Upper Marlboro arena, I bought a 6" SS GP-100 for $375.00 in the case and it may have been shot 10 times. Do still kick myself in the arse for selling a great SS 4" Security Six but the guy offered me $500.00 cash for it. Both guns performed great, never regretted choosing the Ruger's over the S&Ws.
    :needpics::needpics::needpics::needpics::needpics:

That sounds almost too good to be true. Got pics of it? i'd love to se what a great revolver that you were able to pick up, especially due to the such super low price, and by your admission. This is especially precarious since gun shows are known to have higher prices to help offset the prices they have to make up in the sales of the guns to offset the price of setting up a booth, travel, hotel, and paying for their time.

If indeed you did pick it up for such a smoking deal, Congrats! They are beautiful guns with great aesthetics and shoot like a dream.
    v

Sharadeth

Oct 11, 2011

Yup, sure are lucky there. I have a pawn shop near me asking 625 for a 4" stainless in pretty rough shape. Tried talking sense and they wont budge. I'm jealous ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom